Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ignition shows Australia

Good review!

You should post it here under Show Reviews too!

http://www.offspring.com/tour#write::1104

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    The Brisbane show last night was beyond cool, easily the best Offspring show I've seen since '97. They actually seemed to be having fun unlike the last few bigger gigs.

The Ignition stuff live is nuts, though I was surprised at how few people at the show seemed to be there to see it. Outside of the first 10 rows of the pit, the band seemed to kind of acknowledge that the majority of the crowd wasn't familiar with the stuff, the "background noise" of the room was so much higher when the more recent stuff started after the break. Makes sense, but still.

The pit was nuts, 99% in a good way, though a few rows back with the usual assdonkeys looking to cause trouble, shoving little people around and such. So glad I'm a giant lankey freak and can kinda stay above the fray.

Lots of crowd interaction too, which was cool. Noodles is a funny fuck. "This is my favorite song on the album!" after every song they play. Radness. And high-five to the Noodmeister on the Cramps t-shirt.

A little weird they played the newer/modern version of Dirty Magic with the seemingly adjusted tempo and the added distortion in the main part. Hell, it's DM live, I'm not complaining. Just seemed odd. Still awesome.

The main set was pretty cool too, though obviously a little more regular-show-ish. Still, we got Nitro! The usual standards were a-rockin' too, All I Want and Staring At The Sun and Bad Habit and such. I was crossing my fingers for Cruisin' California, but I'm insane like a fox.

Very, very cool, had a blast. Still kind of can't believe we got to see Ignition live, in fucking Australia of all places. How these shows made it out of Orange County I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    How these shows made it out of Orange County I'll never know.
    i can't believe they didn't do one in orange county haha

Weren't the first ones there?

There was only one Ignition show in the US, the Alex's Bar one in Long Beach, which is in Los Angeles County.
    * !

Self Esteem singalong in Sydney

* !

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Self Esteem singalong in Sydney
    They sing along pretty good, but what a LAME ASS crowd that is.

If I see it correctly, the crowd you're seeing in the video are all seated on the balcony. It hardly ever gets all jumpy up there. The floor is only visible partially all the way at the front of the stage, and there it does seem to rock!
    * !

melbourne show at the Palace was one fuckin kickass of a show. Of all time!! Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    If I see it correctly, the crowd you're seeing in the video are all seated on the balcony. It hardly ever gets all jumpy up there. The floor is only visible partially all the way at the front of the stage, and there it does seem to rock!
    You are correct.

TKAA followed by Self Esteem. Same show. Filmed from front row of the balcony focused on the pit.
    Last edited by ixnay; 03-12-2013 at 12:33 AM.