Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you found a body, would you take off of work?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Still, it depends on the state of the body. A junkie that OD'd can't compare to a child or teenager who got ran over by a truck.
    Well, hopefully I've narrowed it down enough to make it answerable. What you've said is close to a complete answer, although it doesn't include what you'd do in the aforementioned situations.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Well, hopefully I've narrowed it down enough to make it answerable....
    Take the day off from work? I dunno. That's a tough question because I like working.

Hmmmm, is it a female body and is the body still warm?

Really depends, I think.

If they were relatively 'normal' looking, then probably not. But if it was some mutilated body, then I'm not sure.

1 members appreciate this post.

I have no work to take a day off from. Come all dead bodies, I have nothing to fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Take the day off from work? I dunno. That's a tough question because I like working.
    lol conservative
    Hmmmm, is it a female body and is the body still warm?
    Creepy.

Personally, I would take the day off. Between the shock of the discovery, and the questioning process that law enforcement would conduct on me probably being exhausting, I could make a decent case for a day off. But whether I would truly NEED a day off or not? I'm not sure.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Hmm, I've read a couple of criminal books lately so when you write 'found a body', I imagine a body of someone who died in some very unnatural conditions, all covered with blood, showing signs of some unbelievable violence and with some parts missing. So I think finding such a body would be quite shocking and I might not be able to go to work then.
    But when you find a body, aren't you supposed to do something about it, call the police and tell them about the circumstances in which you found it? Wouldn't it take enough time to make you skip a work day anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_potomek View Post
    Hmm, I've read a couple of criminal books lately so when you write 'found a body', I imagine a body of someone who died in some very unnatural conditions, all covered with blood, showing signs of some unbelievable violence and with some parts missing. So I think finding such a body would be quite shocking and I might not be able to go to work then.
    But when you find a body, aren't you supposed to do something about it, call the police and tell them about the circumstances in which you found it? Wouldn't it take enough time to make you skip a work day anyway?
    Nah...call it in anonymously. Then get to work.

Pretty sure you'd end up at the top of the suspect list that way though.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I have to ask, how old are you?
    She still hasn't answered. I confessed my age. Someone else's turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Pretty sure you'd end up at the top of the suspect list that way though.
    Do it from a payphone in a very sinister voice with an evil laugh at the end. That could be exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    She still hasn't answered. I confessed my age. Someone else's turn.
    I'm guessing it's a lot higher than she's willing to admit :P I'd accept anything up to and including 21... mayyyybe 22.

I guess if it was something that was emotionally detrimental to me, I'd cancel my lessons - more for the sake of my clients. It's a waste of their money if they get a lesson from me when I'm not 100%. This is similar to why I don't teach before 11am - I'm a night owl, and I'm not 100% in the morning. Also why my students prefer if we cancel a lesson when either they are or I am sick.

If I showed up to teach and was visibly unfocused and upset, the lesson would be less than it's worth. I guess this really depends on the kind of work someone does, but in some fields, it's shocking that bosses still want people to show up while sick or during a really bad time when the person can't give 100% for what they're being paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk