Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should liberals be "nice" people?

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    The flaw in this logic is that you're assuming that most "liberals" (by this i'm going to assume you mean leftists/progressives) embrace their public policy beliefs out of altruism, where many may in fact do so out of a pragmatic self interest. Ie they believe that the government's welfare state is simply much better at providing services than a private corporation.
    I thought about this, but I would say that most liberals are altruistic. When it comes to liberals as I'm thinking them, I might even say it is impossible to be liberal without altruism as a significant motivational factor. I mean, it's not like people go to volunteer at the soup kitchen thinking about how it's in their self-interest to keep school-age kids healthy and well-fed so that they can innovate and create jobs.

Also, it seems like there is much more emphasis placed on the altruistic side of liberalism rather than the practical side. I remember wheelchairman used to always correct people saying how Marx argued that communism would be more efficient rather than more fair or ethical or what have you.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

It's hard to define "nice person" with regard to where this should apply. I mean, if you're fighting for altruistic principles and truly mean it, then you're a nice person almost by definition. However, I don't think that liberals ought to be polite and friendly in each and every situation of their lives because that's just not humanly possible, I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Oh...so Obama and the rest of the lib's are bankrupting this country based upon altrustic ideals. Fantastic. He had to close parks and the Whitehouse (obviously visable ways to show how baaaaaaad the budget cuts are) NOT due to his sequester being enacted, but for the greater good of all americans. The mayor of Detroit, and democrat and liberal, stole MILLIONS for his altrustic ideals to help people. Do you people even listen to yourselves? Comical. If I had a sense of humor, I'd laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Oh...so Obama and the rest of the lib's are bankrupting this country based upon altrustic ideals. Fantastic. He had to close parks and the Whitehouse (obviously visable ways to show how baaaaaaad the budget cuts are) NOT due to his sequester being enacted, but for the greater good of all americans. The mayor of Detroit, and democrat and liberal, stole MILLIONS for his altrustic ideals to help people. Do you people even listen to yourselves? Comical. If I had a sense of humor, I'd laugh.
    Before Obama was in office we had a jackass named Bush for president. He first ran the country into the ground. I think Obama that could be doing a better job, but it's not all him. Look at the congress. It's all fucked up. Just don't blame libs blame everybody in congress. Maybe if we dropped their pay to min wage and see if shit gets changed then.

Shut the hell up with this blame Bush fucking stupidity already. I am no fan of Bush, but get past it for christ sake. It's getting old and shows your idiocy for the obvious. Obama said he could do the job. He can't. He called BUSH a traitor and that he sb jailed for the deficits he was running up in 2007 or so. OBAMA fucking blew past Bush in 4 years with his crazy ass irreposnsible spending, devaluing the dollar, monetizing the debt, and having the countries credit downgraded for th first time in history. Obama is responsible for nothing, Bush has his hand up Obama's puppet ass...my bad.

Shut the hell up with this blame Bush fucking stupidity already. I am no fan of Bush, but get past it for christ sake. It's getting old and shows your idiocy for the obvious. Obama said he could do the job. He can't. He called BUSH a traitor and that he sb jailed for the deficits he was running up in 2007 or so. OBAMA fucking blew past Bush in 4 years with his crazy ass irreposnsible spending, devaluing the dollar, monetizing the debt, and having the countries credit downgraded for th first time in history. Obama is responsible for nothing, Bush has his hand up Obama's puppet ass...my bad.
    Whoa buddy clam the fuck down. seriously. You were blamimg everything on Obama and the libs I was just making the point that this all started with Bush and Obama haven't made things 100% better yet. I was just saying that congress is the one to blame. EVERYBODY in congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Whoa buddy clam the fuck down. seriously. You were blamimg everything on Obama and the libs I was just making the point that this all started with Bush and Obama haven't made things 100% better yet. I was just saying that congress is the one to blame. EVERYBODY in congress.
    You people with this blame Bush montra. Good lord, it is just crazy. I am no fan of Bush, but everyone has to let that one go, it's been 4+ years. 100% better? Better than what? How much time do you give this clown? The one who will not work with anyone in the senate or congress for that matter. Mark my words, this guy will go down as the worst president in US history. Look at the past 5 years...it's a fucking mess and he spent unprecedented borrowed money. Are you optimistic about something? Tell me what it is. I don't understand what he made better. He simply is no leader, and certainly no president. He is burying the future.

You people with this blame Bush montra. Good lord, it is just crazy. I am no fan of Bush, but everyone has to let that one go, it's been 4+ years. 100% better? Better than what? How much time do you give this clown? The one who will not work with anyone in the senate or congress for that matter. Mark my words, this guy will go down as the worst president in US history. Look at the past 5 years...it's a fucking mess and he spent unprecedented borrowed money. Are you optimistic about something? Tell me what it is. I don't understand what he made better. He simply is no leader, and certainly no president. He is burying the future.
    I said things AREN"T 100% better yet. But I do believe the economy and the job situation can/will get better. He won't work with congress? It's everybody not working together, its not just one person it'severybody.

Man, I'm sorry, but why derail a thread just to spew what might be the most tired political talking points out there? Hopefully, when I have a bit more time, I will further elaborate on the original topic here.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    I said things AREN"T 100% better yet. But I do believe the economy and the job situation can/will get better. He won't work with congress? It's everybody not working together, its not just one person it'severybody.
    Last time...the dipshit in cheif has the obligation to work with everybody to better serve this country. Obama has not played "nice" at all. Never has. When Obama has been as polarizing as he has been and not been "nice" about things by working accross the aisle or even doing his fucking job decently, people have a hard time working together.

Liberals are not nice people.