Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How do you feel about incest?

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    You agreed with a spam post promoting incest and started rambling on about comparisons to arguments against homosexuality. Unprovoked? Well, it provoked me. So ..that happened.

Congratulations on your academic selfless interest in the variation of posts.

WebDudette - You just missed by point by about a mile, but okay.

Sure.

HAU, can't speak for Per but methinks I'm logging off now.
    This bbs is pretty dead, but I'm pretty unemployed, we'll see where it goes.

Obvious point however, incest is not a sexuality. You don't hit puberty or whatever and think "gals don't do it for me, guys don't do it for me, but what I really want is a blood-relative", so you can simultaneously support gay rights on the basis of equality, and oppose legalisation of incest for all the myriad of reasons posted here. And no one has come up with a better reason than "but its a victimless crime". Which a) its not
    B) Jakebert/Jackknife (can't remember which level-headed 'J' made this point) opens up a legal grey area for abuse to be easier to get away with.
    C) Incest practitioners are not discriminated against in any other way except you can't get married. Fine by me. I will actually say right now I find it irresponsible, selfish and wrong. Which is an entirely non-controversial statement.

So in short: No net-advantage is gained from opening up policies around incest, however there are significant downsides. This is a basic way to measure the value of an idea, and obviously this means it is worthless at best.
    Last edited by wheelchairman; 03-16-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Wow, very concisely put.
    I wrote a four word letter.

I think its pretty messed up.

And i don't think people should compare Incest to Homosexuality... And speaking as a non-straight human being, I think comparing the two is even more messed up.

I know in some cultures, its normal to marry, cousins and second cousins and so on... But as far as brother and sister, father and daughter, mother and son relations go... Just... just.. no.

My 2 cents.

for the record, no one is comparing the act of incest and the act of homosexuality. the parallels llamas and I made were not about comparing the acts.

Oooh okay, well I take that part back.

It's cool, I mentioned homosexuality, but I didn't mean to imply that they are comparable acts, just that peoples reaction to them may be similarly unwarranted. I totally see how my comment could be interpreted now, and take back what I said anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    for the record, no one is comparing the act of incest and the act of homosexuality. the parallels llamas and I made were not about comparing the acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    It's cool, I mentioned homosexuality, but I didn't mean to imply that they are comparable acts, just that peoples reaction to them may be similarly unwarranted. I totally see how my comment could be interpreted now, and take back what I said anyway.
    I echo Pilz's comments about this. People are majorly exaggerating those "comparisons"... I do not think and never thought incest and homosexuality were similar "acts".

And I also retracted my comment after Jakebert came in to clarify.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Oh, and:

Quote Originally Posted by NitroYouthNRG View Post
    And i don't think people should compare Incest to Homosexuality... And speaking as a non-straight human being, I think comparing the two is even more messed up.
    I'm also a non-straight human being, so you can probably guess I wasn't equating homosexuality with incest...

I know in some cultures, its normal to marry, cousins and second cousins and so on... But as far as brother and sister, father and daughter, mother and son relations go... Just... just.. no.
    I agree about this, too. I see no problem with cousins, for example. But sibling and ESPECIALLY parent/child relations seem like they could never be okay to me.

Cultures that permit marriages between cousins seem to have a higher frequency of birth-defects, this could be my prejudice alone giving me that view, and it certainly is a cultural bias to find that intolerable. But you know, I'm perfect willing to live with these totally reasonable prejudices and biases.

Edit: replaced the word cousins with cultures making for a much more dramatic post.
    Last edited by wheelchairman; 03-17-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.