Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about incest?

I'm against it.

On a biological level - potential children that are produced from it have a considerably higher rate of birth defects. And on a social level - given that often these relationships may be between say a mother/father and one of their children - there is a weird type of "authority" underlying the relationship that i'm uneasy with (similar to the relationship between a teacher and student).

There are very few things that you'll find a consensus on when you move between cultures around the world, but anti-incest attitudes is generally one of them. And i'm fine being part of that majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Right, because a brother and sister are totally capable of accidentally killing some innocent bystander simply by banging each other. Worst troll attempt ever - you're slacking.
    I think the argument was that you said it's fine so long as no children are made; just because there's no intention to have children doesn't mean it won't happen. How would you enforce it, mandatory abortions?

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    I think the argument was that you said it's fine so long as no children are made; just because there's no intention to have children doesn't mean it won't happen. How would you enforce it, mandatory abortions?
    I feel like you didn't really read my post......

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas
    As long as age of consent laws are followed, I don't really care in theory.

However, I think there has to be a law against it because, while it happening once between, say, cousins wouldn't be a big deal, what often happens with incest is a bunch of inbreeding, and that's a big problem. If there was a way to say, incest is fine as long as no reproduction is involved, I'd be okay with it. I mean, it's still icky and weird, but it wouldn't be a problem.
    Since there's no way to enforce that, I think there have to be laws against incest.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

What's the risk of older women producing children with birth defects, compared to first generation inbreeding?

Maybe it's not inherently wrong, but restricting it or making it illegal is the best option, like polygamy.
    I wrote a four word letter.

On a personal level, I'm against it because of the deontological "It's just something that's not supposed to be".
    From a more societal perspective I would argue against it because of the risks of inbreeding. However, if no reproduction were involved this would be an invalid argument.
    Another argument against that would be that people (especially in the US) are very free to do stupid things (stuff themselves with unhealthy foods being just one option) to themselves, so why not this?
    The problem with these "let people do what they want to do" arguments is that in theory, this all sounds nice and liberal, but in reality there is almost always harm being caused to a third party (or, in case of coercive incest, one of the direct participants), which is why these behaviors are so heavily debated.

So the argument shouldn't be "incest should be legal because having children at old age or stuffing yourself with unhealthy foods is legal, too", but "causing birth defects because of having children at too old age or stuffing yourself with unhealthy foods until you get cancer should be just as illegal as incest" (even if this particular example may sound a little ridiculous to some).
    Last edited by ad8; 03-12-2013 at 04:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Homosexual incest should not be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan für den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ignition- View Post
    Jojans planer låter bra.

Well there you have it, Jojan saves the day once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Right, because a brother and sister are totally capable of accidentally killing some innocent bystander simply by banging each other. Worst troll attempt ever - you're slacking.
    Right...but a brother and sister making a web toed baby with a bifurcated tongue and 2 heads is so victimless. Come to think about it, based on some of the replies I have read, some of you freaks may have been the product of an incestual relationship. Give it a google.

That'd be an awesome child, I hope I have a kid that comes out that way. My sisters aren't what I consider attractive though, and we're only half-siblings, I'm not sure it'd work. Maybe I'll take a run at a hot cousin or something. It's worth a shot, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    There are very few things that you'll find a consensus on when you move between cultures around the world, but anti-incest attitudes is generally one of them. And i'm fine being part of that majority.
    So it is fine to have it illegal because that is what most people think? Like most people thought about homosexuality not too long ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.