Thread: Teen killer flips off families of victims in court

Default Teen killer flips off families of victims in court

This kid is basically pure evil. For some reason though, I personally would have no interest in speaking to this kid in court. He's crazy. It almost seems like you're just empowering him by doing this as well as creating a traumatic event for yourself. I mean, what message can you deliver to a sociopath that will actually be worth saying? Would you personally confront a killer in court if this happened to you?

I should say though, the way the first guy does it is kind of how I would do it if I were to be in that spot. Everyone else flips outs.
    Last edited by bighead384; 03-20-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Ugh, I'd say it's far more likely this guy is a full-on psychopath, rather than a sociopath, based on his disposition in the court room and based on the fact that he doesn't know why he killed people. Sociopaths are charming and tend to feign empathy... this guy is completely without empathy.

Regarding confronting someone like this... it depends on how well I knew ahead of time just how empathy-less the guy is. Knowing what I've seen in the court video, and what I've read about the guy, there's no way I'd want to confront him. It would be totally useless and make me feel worse. But chances are they did not know just how callous the guy is.

Edit: I'm guessing, though, that when something like this happens and emotions overtake your entire being, it's next to impossible to think clearly and objectively... I'd imagine that in this situation, even knowing exactly how little guilt or empathy this guy has wouldn't stop a person from confronting him. There'd still be this anger and frustration, and the tiniest glimmer of hope that you'll say the right thing to get through to him exactly what he's done.
    Last edited by Llamas; 03-20-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Like I said, I think the black guy who went first had it right. Instead of saying pointless hate words that achieve nothing but getting the speaker upset (and probably giving them a permanent negative memory), he calmly lets the killer know what he's taken from them. He forces the killer to at least think about the other innocent people he's affected.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I really don't get why these types of killers are put in jail. The amount of money it costs keeping these unrepentant killers in a cell could be given to victim's organizations/charities or whatever. I mean, it's not like this guy's ever going to be "rehabilitated" and let back out into society with the usual freedoms. There's no quality of life the guy's going to have anyway, why not snuff it out in cases like this where there's zero doubt he's the right man? Still removing the problem from society at large, without any of the burdens of keeping him around. Keep jail for the lesser stuff.

I really don't get why these types of killers are put in jail. The amount of money it costs keeping these unrepentant killers in a cell could be given to victim's organizations/charities or whatever. I mean, it's not like this guy's ever going to be "rehabilitated" and let back out into society with the usual freedoms. There's no quality of life the guy's going to have anyway, why not snuff it out in cases like this where there's zero doubt he's the right man? Still removing the problem from society at large, without any of the burdens of keeping him around. Keep jail for the lesser stuff.

Oh, yeah, those football player rapists in Ohio shouldn't ever get out, either, in a perfect world. I can't stand this "17 years old and just young enough to escape an equal adult sentence" shit. There's zero difference between a 17 year old and an 18 year old.