Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: expecting big tour announcement

Default expecting big tour announcement

I would expect a major tour announcement soon in the US and Europe. It is clear to me through current tour dates that there will be a US and EU festival tour this summer. As well as another US leg.
    They are in the US, then Poland, then back in the US.

I would expect a few more festivals to be announced, something large like Lollapalooza, followed by a short leg, perhaps opening for another band, similar to the summer tour with 311.

And I'd expect them to headline a bunch of summer festivals in the UK. I don't know the EU tours well, but they could potentially be in Europe from May 11 to June 8.

Maybe South America in September/October.
    Last.fm: http://lastfm.com.br/user/leandromoraes88
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/leandromoraes88
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/leandromoraes88
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/leandromoraes88

Offspring shows that I went to:
    2004, October 24 - Recife, Brazil
    2013, September 14 - Rock In Rio, Brazil
    2013, September 15 - Credicard Hall - Sao Paulo, Brazil
    2014, February 05, Chevrolet Hall - Belo Horizonte, Brazil

seems like they are just going to do a lot of festivals like in 2008

The next real US tour will probably be in 2014 for the 20th anniversary of smash tour.

Would be strange if Poland was the only European date this spring, but on the other hand, it would also be kinda awesome

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_potomek View Post
    Would be strange if Poland was the only European date this spring, but on the other hand, it would also be kinda awesome
    yeah see the cost of doing one show in europe is too high, they will add a bunch more that month.

And you likely will see a Smash tour, I don't know why they wouldnt if Ignition demand is so high, but I dont think thats going to be a major US tour. Sony isn't paying them to promote an album on Epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark View Post

And you likely will see a Smash tour, I don't know why they wouldnt if Ignition demand is so high, but I dont think thats going to be a major US tour. Sony isn't paying them to promote an album on Epitaph.
    Remember:they are free agents now, so no problem with Sony.

About the next tour I expect some other european dates too. Poland is not so easy to go. My dream would be having at list one of two proper Offspring show, even in small venues with setlists like the ones played in the last leg of the US tour, with a lot of Days go By songs (Hurting as one, oc guns, dividing by zero, slim pickens, turning into you...).

But, of course, also festivals are better than nothing. Just dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingcoles View Post
    The next real US tour will probably be in 2014 for the 20th anniversary of smash tour.
    Yep. I was thinking the same thing, but it might have to be like in the summer or fall of 2014 because Noodles said they were going to start making another record, which I hope comes out sooner than 2016, after the Days Go By tour.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by momo91 View Post
    Remember:they are free agents now, so no problem with Sony.

About the next tour I expect some other european dates too. Poland is not so easy to go. My dream would be having at list one of two proper Offspring show, even in small venues with setlists like the ones played in the last leg of the US tour, with a lot of Days go By songs (Hurting as one, oc guns, dividing by zero, slim pickens, turning into you...).

But, of course, also festivals are better than nothing. Just dreaming.

That may be true for the next record, but theyre under contract with Sony to promote the current record.

TOM, I haven't cared much about the controversy surrounding some of your claims over the years, but the way you are so murky about your sources is kind of frustrating. If you can't reveal your sources, that's fine, but I would at least say something to give people an idea of who your source is.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.