Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offspring going Beyoncé?

Default Offspring going Beyoncé?

Although I am very skeptical about the Brazilian press, I've decided to share this piece of information in order to verify its veracity.

Here's what it says:

"The Offspring, who played last Saturday at Rock in Rio, asked press photographers something very unusual. Every photo taken of the band would have to be approved by the members before being released. In our behalf, VEJA magazine, only two photos were approved and Dexter Holland cannot be seen in any of them.

Before the show, photographers had to sign a contract in which they agree to publish only images that have been approved by the band and also followed a certain protocol. The contract said that photos from the waist up and close-ups were strictly forbidden.

Now for the most bizarre comment:

Perhaps, because all of them – especially 47-year-old Dexter Holland – seem to weigh more than when they were popular, in the 90’s, with songs like Pretty Fly (For a white guy).

That is flat out ridiculous.

It is true though.
    The last time they played Rock in Rio in Portugal, during the broadcast the reporters said the band didn't allow close-ups to be filmed!
    It's insane...as long as they rock, who gives a shit on how old they are?
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

Not the first time that it happens. Absolutely ridiculous!
    Turn the lights on.

I don't even let my real life friends post pictures of me on facebook I don't like... not to mention strangers post picturees of me for personal gain.

I see absolutely no issue with approving which pictures are published and which ones aren't...

No doubt he (they, mangament...whomever) has an image to uphold or there may be other reasons for this. But when you make millions from the public by putting your image out there for years in order to get recognition and then suddenly have odd demands on said image, seems a bit shitty on its face.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    No doubt he (they, mangament...whomever) has an image to uphold or there may be other reasons for this. But when you make millions from the public by putting your image out there for years in order to get recognition and then suddenly have odd demands on said image, seems a bit shitty on its face.
    I think they've had these for many many years, I don't think there is anything sudden. Shit like this is very standard... like a catering rider. Yeah *gasp* they need to have beer and food backstage so as to not be hungry when they hit the stage... and they make photographers sign release forms... what bastards

I was trying to control myself, but what the hell...

You guys do understand that all cell phones, and non proffessional recording equipment is welcome at an Offspring show? Fans post thousands of videos and pictures. How the FUCK is it a problem, that they actually want the proffesionnaly take photographs to look good? How can it bother you that all of those who are there to take good pictures are actually required to do just that?

I could undestand getting bent out of shape if the band were taking fan sites and fans to court for posting pictures that they don't like, but why does it bother you that photo reporters need to meet some requirements with their photographs?

Sometimes I have absolutley no fucking idea what could POSSIBLY be going through peoples heads.... really.

I saw Danzig on his current tour, and he had a very strict no photography rule. We were frisked going in, and the security behind the barricade was vigilant during Danzig's set. I thought it was lame at first, but I guess I understand why some entertainers who are getting older aren't wild about having lousy photos of themselves, or video/audio recordings of bad sets, going online.

Well, that's Danzig...cause anyone who looks like he's capable of eating small kids, pets and barbed wire can do whatever the hell he wants.

Im pretty sure they have been doing this for years I remember when they played Bumbershoot in 2008 someone made a thread complaining about it