Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Petition asking Fat Mike to sign The Offspring

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark View Post
    You're right, Columbia Music was in no way responsible for Original Prankster being the exact same style as Pretty Fly.
    That was 100% Dexter. Listen, I love that dude. I have put up with years upon years of shit that most other people would not put up with because I love that dude. (And before any of you get too excited about that, I would remind you that there are multiple different kinds of 'love.') Dude makes some musical decisions that I'm not totally stoked on, but I will fight for his right to be able to make those decisions.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 04-19-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

I actually really like Original Prankster a lot im surprised they don't play it live that much anymore

Also I don't think Columbia has any influence on the songs they make in the studio

I think tha tbey the time colombura got to the last cd on their contraxy, t6hy don't give too muxh input anymopre. stand s to realson. like. firs talbum, lots of input, 8th album... not so much. I think n dexyter is just secretly a katy perry fan and is a pop artist at hear.

otsnot like they are lipsynic ng their shows or nothing. get over it. crea tyice freedom bro. MERICA
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    That was 100% Dexter. Listen, I love that dude. I have put up with years upon years of shit that most other people would not put up with because I love that dude. (And before any of you get too excited about that, I would remind you that there are multiple different kinds of 'love.') Dude makes some musical decisions that I'm not totally stoked on, but I will fight for his right to be able to make those decisions.
    Dexter writes the music yes. To claim that the label has had zero influence on the songs he has written since 1995, would be naive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark View Post
    Dexter writes the music yes. To claim that the label has had zero influence on the songs he has written since 1995, would be naive.
    The label may request changes to a mix or a radio edit, and they may choose which songs to take to radio, but all of it has to be approved by management. And if you've ever met their management, they are not ones to be pushed around.
    Last edited by _Lost_; 04-24-2013 at 11:38 AM.

I feel like The Offspring is one of those bands that's popular and well-established enough that the label won't need to interfere in order to sell their stuff. Similarly, I think they're also well-established enough that they don't need to be on Fat Wreck Chords. Or any label for that matter. It's 2013, more and more bands are getting away with self-releases.

I can only assume things about their writing process, but the band has always had this confidence about their music that to me doesn't suggest "this song was better before the higher ups told us to change it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

so hey what's the deal with the band and potential labels and stuff

that's certainly a thing isn't it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    so hey what's the deal with the band and potential labels and stuff

that's certainly a thing isn't it
    don't think were gonna know until its a done deal.