Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Wheelchairman

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,203


    Default

    Wheelconeman.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    11,144


    Default

    .namriachleehW
    * !

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,609


    Default

    You are all my Wheelchildren.

    So I must poison you.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness
    Posts
    1,886


    Default

    bh aspires to be king douche. I almost admire his ambition.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I like women who enjoy being dissatisfied sexually.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,437


    Default

    The fact that I can occasionally see a post of WCM's pop up is one of the few reasons I continue to return to what is increasingly the Bighead Query Barrage Brigade Boards.

    Wherein a question is asked, a victim position claimed, and none ever cry uncle.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,962


    3 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    Arrogance is really only a sin when it comes from deluded narcissists lacking the awareness to comprehend their own banality. These pitiful, misguided fools will often accuse others of being arrogant when threatened by the proximity of a clearly superior individual. I suppose it's the only way to assuage the cognitive dissonance of knowing you are the most awesomest person ever to have lived and then realizing you're surrounded by people who, through some vile trickery, manage to appear more awesomer than you. They must be arrogant ego-maniacs desperately posturing, obviously! They must be publicly denounced for their arrogance!

    Bighead's rants feel so old they should all start with once upon a time...

    Want to know one of the best ways to tell if someone is truly arrogant or not? An arrogant person will never praise someone who opposes them because they cannot accept that anyone who opposes them could have any worth. A superior individual is one capable of showing respect, even admiration, towards a person he doesn't actually like.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,380


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Arrogance is really only a sin when it comes from deluded narcissists lacking the awareness to comprehend their own banality. These pitiful, misguided fools will often accuse others of being arrogant when threatened by the proximity of a clearly superior individual. I suppose it's the only way to assuage the cognitive dissonance of knowing you are the most awesomest person ever to have lived and then realizing you're surrounded by people who, through some vile trickery, manage to appear more awesomer than you. They must be arrogant ego-maniacs desperately posturing, obviously! They must be publicly denounced for their arrogance!.
    ^What Paint It Black tells himself in situations where people call him arrogant

    Actually, you are wrong to say that arrogance is really only a sin when it comes from deluded narcissists. You can be confident without being arrogant. Arrogance, by definition, is based on an exaggerated sense of importance. What you've said is like some sort of molded argument for all arrogant d-bags to use in any situation where they rightfully are called arrogant.

    Any obnoxiously arrogant asshole athlete or moviestar could say what you've said here and appear justified.
    Last edited by bighead384; 05-02-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,209


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    You might say that I broke Wheelchairman's legs and now he's part of my favorite band.

    No, wait, that's not how it goes..
    Don´t take life too seriously... you’ll never escape it alive anyway

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,962


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Arrogance, by definition, is based on an exaggerated sense of importance.
    This is exactly why true arrogance can only come from deluded narcissists. Wheelie can be a douche, no argument there, but his assessment of his own standing within this community is spot on. He is acutely aware of his own level of intelligence, education and general importance within this community. He has the right to behave as if he's superior to you without being called arrogant because he is in fact superior to you. You could accuse him of lacking modesty if you like, or just being a big ol' meanie. Those would be fair points. But arrogant? Sorry, that just doesn't fit him.

    If it makes you feel any better I used to think he was arrogant because he acted like he was somehow better and more important than me. Then I realized he was better and more important than me and that I was just being butthurt about it. It motivated me to become a better poster.

    If you pay attention you'll perhaps notice he does not behave "arrogantly" towards people he knows to be equals. Even people he regularly, or used to regularly, disagree with. Baldwin, for example. You, on the other hand, display an overwhelming level of arrogance any time somebody offends you in some way or has the audacity to disagree with you. And you get really creepy and stalker-like about it too. I honestly hope you seek help for that one day. And no, I'm not being arrogant. I know I'm a million miles from perfect. But I can acknowledge my flaws and seek to improve. When you receive criticism here, which is pretty much constantly, do you ever even consider that the criticism might be valid? You don't appear to. Doesn't it strike you as odd that you can't even consider it? I mean, I'm fairly batshit in some ways, but I know it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •