Thread: What if the truth was the no one should be judged?

Default What if the truth was the no one should be judged?

What if near unanimous psychological findings suggested that we should not judge anyone because they are unable to control themselves from engaging in bad behavior? Would you comply with it? How would that make you feel?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

How can a societal norm like "don't judge people" exist without society judging the people that ignore it?

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    What if near unanimous psychological findings suggested that we should not judge anyone because they are unable to control themselves from engaging in bad behavior? Would you comply with it? How would that make you feel?
    What do you mean by "judge"? Are you saying if someone kills someone else, we should not judge that guy and let him roam around as he like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

This is dumb. I don't care about some random "what if" scenario involving psychologists - especially since "judging" is so extremely subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    This is dumb. I don't care about some random "what if" scenario involving psychologists - especially since "judging" is so extremely subjective.
    Well, there's a lot of people who, from a philosophical or psychological perspective, believe that humans are much less capable of making rational decisions without a large influence from external/internal pressures than is commonly thought. Basically, that we have very little control. So I guess my question is just an exaggeration of that mentality.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Google "Calvinism". It's a fairly popular branch of Protestantism which believes that free will does not exist, and that God has predetermined all human actions. That's pretty much as exaggerated as the "people got no control" mentality can possibly get, so you can actually look at some literal examples of your what-if scenario.

And no matter how devoutly they believe this, they will judge you like a motherfucker anyway, because society can't exist without judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Google "Calvinism". It's a fairly popular branch of Protestantism which believes that free will does not exist, and that God has predetermined all human actions. That's pretty much as exaggerated as the "people got no control" mentality can possibly get, so you can actually look at some literal examples of your what-if scenario.

And no matter how devoutly they believe this, they will judge you like a motherfucker anyway, because society can't exist without judgement.
    I tend to prefer Calvinballism, myself.