View Poll Results: Does your copy of The Offspring (ST) have Kill The President?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 92.00%
  • No

2 8.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your copy of The Offspring (ST) have Kill The President?

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    That, or they simply decided that the song they wrote in their teens/early twenties was no longer appropriate for their album. There is always that option.

No. Why start at KTP? Why not make-disapear all your old songs that you no longer like?

I don't believe the person claiming the FBI literally knocked on their door has any source to reference. I do believe that publishing companies acting on a federal mandate requested that the track be removed from future sales. The Offspring agreed, much like how Pennywise agreed to have Fuck Authority removed from the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark View Post
    The Offspring agreed, much like how Pennywise agreed to have Fuck Authority removed from the radio.
    Does the band have a say on if their songs can or cannot be played on radio? Is it a contract issue? Of course will have to approve for the songs to be played. Maybe if they had an agreement with stations to have it played every so often, they could agree to nullify that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan fr den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ignition- View Post
    Jojans planer lter bra.

No. Why start at KTP? Why not make-disapear all your old songs that you no longer like?

I don't believe the person claiming the FBI literally knocked on their door has any source to reference. I do believe that publishing companies acting on a federal mandate requested that the track be removed from future sales. The Offspring agreed, much like how Pennywise agreed to have Fuck Authority removed from the radio.
    The irony being palpable.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Web Dude told some of us at the time that there were FBI issues. God knows how much of that was true. The site was being watched by the FBI or something because of all the pedophiles in the chat room. Ironic that the site was being run by someone asking teenage girls on the message board for topless photos. But I digress.

So there was a federal law passed asking publishers to remove particular relatively obscure songs by the Offspring from albums? Also, there is an entirely separate body of laws governing the radio so it's really not hard to see why "Fuck Authority" would have a difficult time getting airplay...DJs can't even mask cursing by calling the song "F Authority." How do you play a song when you can't even announce it?
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Ryder, consider yourself lucky. The only decent store in Greensboro, BB's, that sold used discs (and was a wonderful treasure trove of rare surprises), closed down a couple years ago. I believe BB's is where my brother bought his first Offspring cassette, Americana, and paved the way for my fandom. Now, all thats left is Ed McKay's and for finding old cds, you are shit out of luck. Old games and gameboys, on the other hand, are a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Ironic that the site was being run by someone asking teenage girls on the message board for topless photos. But I digress.
    That's awesome! Did he ever get caught? Did he ever end up on "To catch a predator?" Was anyone dumb enough to send him pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    That's awesome! Did he ever get caught? Did he ever end up on "To catch a predator?" Was anyone dumb enough to send him pictures?
    This is crazy! I kinda want to hear more about this. I remember there was fallout between WebDude and the band, but I though it was because he wasn't as attentive to the website. I never knew he was taking advantage of the younger members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez
    website | blog | facebook | twitter | deviantart

they dwere definitley dumb enoiyugh. tis the internestz.

if ur friends with johnny nemises. with heis penis, you know he gots some picks.
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

So there was a federal law passed asking publishers to remove particular relatively obscure songs by the Offspring from albums? Also, there is an entirely separate body of laws governing the radio so it's really not hard to see why "Fuck Authority" would have a difficult time getting airplay...DJs can't even mask cursing by calling the song "F Authority." How do you play a song when you can't even announce it?
    I don't use the word "law" in my post.

The censored version of Fuck Authority got heavy airplay on rock stations a few months prior to 9/11. If you didn't hear it on the radio ever, I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKnux View Post
    This is crazy! I kinda want to hear more about this. I remember there was fallout between WebDude and the band, but I though it was because he wasn't as attentive to the website. I never knew he was taking advantage of the younger members.
    I don't think the claim about Justin is substantiated.