Thread: War in N. Korea?

Default War in N. Korea?

What are your thoughts? Is Kim Jong-un just puffing out his chest to claim his territory as dominant on the social ladder or do you think he may get carried away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

It's all bluster unless there's a miscalculation. The only really scary thing is, if NK pulls the same type of shit they did a couple of years ago and fires a shot, South Korea's 100% firing back this time. And then comes the pants-poopin'.

I love all the reporting of this like it's Kim Jong Un throwing some tantrum, though. Like he's the one actually calling the shots. The US representatives that have actually dealt with NK (under Il, not Un, admittedly) have all said they basically operate in a really point-A-to-B, rational businesslike way.

They're being mega-dicks, but it's all calculated, not a crazy kid throwing a tantrum. There are obviously a half-dozen 70 year old military hardasses making him dance like a good little chubster.

There will not be any war. Nothing will happen. No one thinks North Korea has a chance to win a war, or even a battle, and that includes themselves. The first one who would stop a potential war would be China because they would get economically hurt if their ally started a war.

Also, this is a good article about the situation:
    http://www.economist.com/news/asia/2...nside-cult-kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

They don't have to be able to "win", though. All they need is to be able to kill 50 000 or so people in Seoul through constant shelling barrages, which they can, and they have the leverage to pull this shit.

It's just a matter of them coming right up to the line, or crossing it. And they won't cross it. But it's not like if they somehow did they're no threat at all. Kim can do plenty of damage if it comes to it. Just not, you know, "your cities will burn Americaaaaaa!", the stuff he's been saying.

The new SK lady's the scary part. She's more or less publically vowed to give 'em all they've got if fired upon. Enough of the population there expects and demands it now, after the election.

Well, I guess it wasn't completely Unexpected.

I just came here to say something hIlarious, but was rather Unfunny. Please don't kIl me for it.

Everyone thinks that North Koreans are all legitimately insane. It's an unfortunate perception that affects perceptions of Koreans worldwide.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I'd also like to point out that a country balancing carefully on the precipice of destruction for 60 years (something North Korea has done) doesn't happen by accident. It's a nation whose only true success is that it has avoided what would seemingly have been an inevitable invasion for 60 years. It'd be uncharacteristic if they suddenly acted in a manner that provoked an invasion. It would have wasted 60 years of work, destabilize the government (something I'm sure the military and the Kim family have worked pretty hard to establish, legitimize and expand.)

That and there is seemingly a media strategy behind the information that is being released, here's an interesting (though only speculative blog on NK media strategy.)
    http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/...edia_right_now

Looking forward to reading the Economist Article Rage_And_Lov posted, bookmarked it a week ago. Btw, Rage, is that a pun or did you mean to write 'love'? (Perhaps the Norwegian word for law isn't 'lov'?)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Looking forward to reading the Economist Article Rage_And_Lov posted, bookmarked it a week ago. Btw, Rage, is that a pun or did you mean to write 'love'? (Perhaps the Norwegian word for law isn't 'lov'?)
    A bit off-topic, but I'll be brief. "Lov" does indeed mean "law", just like in Danish, but it wasn't meant as a pun (I don't see how it could be). On another website I joined before this one, you could have a username no longer than 10 characters, and I wanted to be called "Rage and Love", but I was forced to shorten it to "RageAndLov". When I joined this site I simply took the name I used on that old site. I regret the handle now, I think it is pretty lame.

EDIT: In other news, North Korea is pulling out 51 000 workers from the joint zone. NK now loses a big income source.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/08/wo...html?hpt=hp_t1
    Last edited by RageAndLov; 04-08-2013 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.