Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: News on the next album and label change

Record it in Dex's bathroom and pay 100 000 people 10$ to listen to it.

In the article below, which I translated from Polish to English, Dexter confirms that The Offspring are indeed independent, but "have to very carefully consider whether it makes sense to issue our brand new album on Columbia Records." So, my guess is that they are probably still under contract with Columbia and not completely dropped.

Here's the link to the original, written in Polish: http://muzyka.wp.pl/title,The-Offspr...?ticaid=11099d, and the one translated in English: http://muzyka.wp.pl/title,The-Offspring-zaskocza-nowa-plyta-Najpierw-zagraja-na-Orange-Warsaw-Festival,wid,674210,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=11099d
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    In the article below, which I translated from Polish to English, Dexter confirms that The Offspring are indeed independent, but "have to very carefully consider whether it makes sense to issue our brand new album on Columbia Records." So, my guess is that they are probably still under contract with Columbia and not completely dropped.
    Days Go By was the last album in their contract with Columbia they were not dropped they completed their contract with them

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Days Go By was the last album in their contract with Columbia they were not dropped they completed their contract with them
    Yeah, I know that, but when I translated that article I posted in this thread last night, it said they would "carefully consider whether it makes sense" to release their next album on Columbia. I thought this meant that they were actually still on the label, even though they said months ago that they were free agents.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    Yeah, I know that, but when I translated that article I posted in this thread last night, it said they would "carefully consider whether it makes sense" to release their next album on Columbia. I thought this meant that they were actually still on the label, even though they said months ago that they were free agents.
    It probably means that they still have a good relationship with Columbia, and if they want to extend their contract they could probably do it.

extend their contract?
    It does not seem a good idea ....

Well, Dexter is a business man. I'm sure he didn't burn his bridges with Colombia and that they believe it is a feasible option to continue to work with them in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzy96 View Post
    extend their contract?
    It does not seem a good idea ....
    you can't extend a contract if you don't have one

Regardless of where the sign or where/how the release the next album, it is certainly good to hear that they are (somewhat) looking ahead and talking of it publicly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Well...The offspring don't appear on the columbia records website...