Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: News on the next album and label change

Quote Originally Posted by theoffspring_15 View Post
    Well...The offspring don't appear on the columbia records website...
    So, it looks like they'll either release new material independently or sign to another major label.

I know this is not officially confirmed by The Offspring themselves, but for whatever reason, Epitaph's official website is listing them as a "current artist" in the all artists list. I'm pretty sure that's a mistake because:

1. After the success of their Smash record, Brett can't have them back or at least doesn't want them back on his label.
    2. Dexter has his own label, which is Nitro.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by theoffspring_15 View Post
    Well...The offspring don't appear on the columbia records website...
    well that is too bad you would think they would keep them on the website until they announce what they are doing next

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    So, it looks like they'll either release new material independently or sign to another major label.

I know this is not officially confirmed by The Offspring themselves, but for whatever reason, Epitaph's official website is listing them as a "current artist" in the all artists list. I'm pretty sure that's a mistake because:

1. After the success of their Smash record, Brett can't have them back or at least doesn't want them back on his label.
    2. Dexter has his own label, which is Nitro.
    Didn't Epitaph help distribute the re-release of Ignition and Smash? I don't know if that matters, since it's a couple of years ago, but maybe that's why?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDK View Post
    Didn't Epitaph help distribute the re-release of Ignition and Smash? I don't know if that matters, since it's a couple of years ago, but maybe that's why?
    Yeah, they were both released and distributed by Epitaph. Maybe the feud between The Offspring and Bad Religion had already ended by 2008, the same year both bands played at the KROQ Weenie Roast. The reissues may also be the reason why Epitaph's website is listing The Offspring as a current artist.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Purely speculation on my part, but presumably Epitaph still own certain rights to songs recorded during that period. I'd guess that's why they were able to put out Mission From God (recorded during Ignition sessions) in '05, a good 8 years or so after the band left for Columbia... So if they own the label owns the rights then saying the band are 'current' isn't necessarily a lie?

Presumably no songs released pre-97 were on Happy Hour (the pre 97 songs on that record were live tracks that featured on >'97 releases) because Sony didn't have the rights to them...and Dirty Magic '12 publishing statement in the DGB booklet states Gamete rather than Underachiever.

But what do I know? <0 is what.

Quote Originally Posted by Britpunk View Post
    Purely speculation on my part, but presumably Epitaph still own certain rights to songs recorded during that period. I'd guess that's why they were able to put out Mission From God (recorded during Ignition sessions) in '05, a good 8 years or so after the band left for Columbia... So if they own the label owns the rights then saying the band are 'current' isn't necessarily a lie?

Presumably no songs released pre-97 were on Happy Hour (the pre 97 songs on that record were live tracks that featured on >'97 releases) because Sony didn't have the rights to them...and Dirty Magic '12 publishing statement in the DGB booklet states Gamete rather than Underachiever.

But what do I know? <0 is what.
    The fact that Epitaph's website lists The Offspring as a current artist is not only speculation, but a mistake. The reason I think it's a mistake is not only because Smash (or, in Europe, Inxnay on the Hombre) was the last Offspring album released on Epitaph, but once they got popular, Brett refused let the band stay on the label. As for the their Epitaph and Sony material, my guess is that The Offspring almost completely own the rights to their pre-Ixnay material because of the fact that their self-titled album was reissued on Nitro and that "Come Out and Play", "Self Esteem" and "Gotta Get Away" were included on both the Greatest Hits album and DVD (Brett probably gave them the rights to include those songs on them too).

In their last interviews, Dexter and Noodles confirm that they will back in the studio to write the 10th album after Days Go By tour. Dexter also says during the visit in Poland that he was writing down notes and lyrics for a new song about government keeping you down.. Wowww
    Dexter's last words: "maybe next year..." referred to the 10th album's release.

I'm dreaming
    There. I hope you enjoyed our time together today. You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life. Well, till next time. Ta-ta

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTER View Post
    In their last interviews, Dexter and Noodles confirm that they will back in the studio to write the 10th album after Days Go By tour. Dexter also says during the visit in Poland that he was writing down notes and lyrics for a new song about government keeping you down.. Wowww
    Dexter's last words: "maybe next year..." referred to the 10th album's release.

I'm dreaming
    Noodles is hoping that The Offspring will be in the studio in 2014 too.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/noodle...album-in-2014/

I hope not I would rather see them do a big 30th anniversary tour in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I hope not I would rather see them do a big 30th anniversary tour in 2014
    So, would I. I would be surprised if they release a new album before 2015 or 2016.