Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: News on the next album and label change

I just saw on Punknews.org that Nitro will be back in 2014. I wonder if this means they'll release the next Offspring record.

http://www.punknews.org/article/5324...s-in-the-works
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

s/t with original artwork and some unreleased songs like halloween.that would be nice!
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Quote Originally Posted by Greekoldfan View Post
    s/t with original artwork and some unreleased songs like halloween.that would be nice!
    It would be nice if they release something like that. They should put out, like, a remastered version of the self-titled album with some demos/unreleased stuff just like the 2004 remastered version of Bad Religion's Generator.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    It would be nice if they release something like that. They should put out, like, a remastered version of the self-titled album with some demos/unreleased stuff just like the 2004 remastered version of Bad Religion's Generator.
    That is actually a great idea Epitaph Records remastered Ignition and Smash in 2008 when RAFRAG came out it would be great if Nitro could remaster the first album in 2014 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the band and the 25th anniversary of that album
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 10-11-2013 at 06:19 PM.

I doubt Nitro would be able to release the next record since its being run by Bycle Music now, who focus mostly on catelgoue rleases. http://www.punknews.org/article/5218...-nitro-records

That said, maybe the Self Titled may get a re-release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Nitro could remaster the first album in 2014 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the band and the 25th anniversary of that album
    That would be too good to be true
    Turn the lights on.

God I hope so, I have the inspiration for the album. The Offspring are outstanding musicians, and the band and their albums keep getting better and better. I would it if they used the divine inspiration I have for them, if not....well then...fuck!

Ignition didn't get any sort of special re-release, which is kind of disheartening. It was remastered at about the same time as Smash, and that's all it was... just the remaster.

Still, a Smash re-issue of some kind is imminent; Dexter said so in an interview a while back (whether it will have any interesting additions is yet to be decided). But the band doesn't really like to go back to their S/T days. While they mentioned playing 'The Offspring' themed shows, like Ignition for the 25th anniversary, there was no mention of a rerelease (this was the same article where Dexter mentioned reissuing Smash). I really hope they go through with it, but there's really no evidence of plans at this point. Tweeted Noodles about it back when he made his Twitter; no response.

one of the best anniversary re-releases ever made are the Nirvana's 20th anniversary deluxe & super deluxe versions of Nevermind & In Utero. Just amazing. It will be beyond my dreams to see something similar with The Offspring...
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Totally with you on that one. A fan's dream come true...