Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: News on the next album and label change

we older fans for sure have "thirst" for their oldest material to be remastered and re-realased. But I highly doubt it will happen.

They always seem to focus on their "singles only" -post Smash- when it comes to compilations or setlists. Appart from the japan only bside compilation Happy our and the Club Me EP. So it would be weird if they realease older outtakes or bsides for us. Still they would fit great in yet another S/T re-realease. like "Halloween" as it was already give as example.

Appart from that a S/T anniversary tour like the Ignition last year would be something wonderfull to see even if they dont get it to South America. I though I heard greg doing the bass intro for Demons prior to playing the Ramones cover in Buenos Aires, I know it was the drugs, but still for a second I was like WTF?

Also, another example of a reissue done right is what Rhino did with the Ramones' albums up to Too Tough to Die; each album had 5-22 bonus tracks of demos and alternate takes; even a few live tracks of note. For the later albums, B-sides would be nice, but that only comes into play with the Columbia releases (though Gotta Get Away had a live version of Smash).

In Greg's latest interview, he talked about whether the new album will be released independently:

"I think so, we still don't know yet, we're going to see what else is out there, at this point as far as albums go it seems that it's easier to do it yourself, I mean the scale right now we've done, I don't know what a record company is going to do as far as pushing our name or anything like that, so it might just be a simple thing to do it ourselves."
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    In Greg's latest interview, he talked about whether the new album will be released independently:

"I think so, we still don't know yet, we're going to see what else is out there, at this point as far as albums go it seems that it's easier to do it yourself, I mean the scale right now we've done, I don't know what a record company is going to do as far as pushing our name or anything like that, so it might just be a simple thing to do it ourselves."
    Thats a great interview. Even though Greg answers everything with "I dont know, we'll see". At least we have confirmation management wants a Smash tour.

Bwaha. Greg K: not givin' a shit since 1984.

That was a very solid interview: glad to hear about the potential for a big summer tour, not to mention they're officially working on a live album.

As much as i'd like to get my hands on a new full length, i'd also be more than happy if they turn that new stuff they're working on into a new EP - like 4-5 solid songs that the band is super happy with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    That was a very solid interview: glad to hear about the potential for a big summer tour, not to mention they're officially working on a live album.

As much as i'd like to get my hands on a new full length, i'd also be more than happy if they turn that new stuff they're working on into a new EP - like 4-5 solid songs that the band is super happy with.
    I actually think it would make sense for The Offspring to release an EP, either instead of an album or before they decide to put out their next album. N.W.A did exactly the same thing: release an EP first and then an album. The 100 Miles and Runnin' EP (which was actually intended to be an album) was recorded just about the same time as Niggaz4life and it was released months before that album.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

From a new interview with Noodles:

"We're not necessarily in full album mode, but we're definitely doing a few things. When we have some time off we're going to get into the studio and make it real. We're thinking we might do things a little different. Do we want to continue with Columbia, go somewhere else or try something ourselves? It's a different world now and not necessarily an album world."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...arena/8809519/

Just give me 18 songs till December 2016 and we are fine.
    I drank from your hands I drank from your mouth you poured into me until I was drowned I had no breath was drunk on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by OC HAU View Post
    Just give me 18 songs till December 2016 and we are fine.
    There is no way we will get that