Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71

Thread: News on the next album and label change

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    984


    Default

    In Greg's latest interview, he talked about whether the new album will be released independently:

    "I think so, we still don't know yet, we're going to see what else is out there, at this point as far as albums go it seems that it's easier to do it yourself, I mean the scale right now we've done, I don't know what a record company is going to do as far as pushing our name or anything like that, so it might just be a simple thing to do it ourselves."
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,079


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    In Greg's latest interview, he talked about whether the new album will be released independently:

    "I think so, we still don't know yet, we're going to see what else is out there, at this point as far as albums go it seems that it's easier to do it yourself, I mean the scale right now we've done, I don't know what a record company is going to do as far as pushing our name or anything like that, so it might just be a simple thing to do it ourselves."
    Thats a great interview. Even though Greg answers everything with "I dont know, we'll see". At least we have confirmation management wants a Smash tour.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    750


    Default

    Bwaha. Greg K: not givin' a shit since 1984.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg/The GTA
    Posts
    5,781


    Default

    That was a very solid interview: glad to hear about the potential for a big summer tour, not to mention they're officially working on a live album.

    As much as i'd like to get my hands on a new full length, i'd also be more than happy if they turn that new stuff they're working on into a new EP - like 4-5 solid songs that the band is super happy with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    984


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    That was a very solid interview: glad to hear about the potential for a big summer tour, not to mention they're officially working on a live album.

    As much as i'd like to get my hands on a new full length, i'd also be more than happy if they turn that new stuff they're working on into a new EP - like 4-5 solid songs that the band is super happy with.
    I actually think it would make sense for The Offspring to release an EP, either instead of an album or before they decide to put out their next album. N.W.A did exactly the same thing: release an EP first and then an album. The 100 Miles and Runnin' EP (which was actually intended to be an album) was recorded just about the same time as Niggaz4life and it was released months before that album.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    984


    Default

    From a new interview with Noodles:

    "We're not necessarily in full album mode, but we're definitely doing a few things. When we have some time off we're going to get into the studio and make it real. We're thinking we might do things a little different. Do we want to continue with Columbia, go somewhere else or try something ourselves? It's a different world now and not necessarily an album world."

    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...arena/8809519/
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    652


    Default

    Just give me 18 songs till December 2016 and we are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    10,657


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OC HAU View Post
    Just give me 18 songs till December 2016 and we are fine.
    There is no way we will get that

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    984


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    There is no way we will get that
    I agree. The Offspring usually put at least 12 to 14 songs on their albums.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •