Thread: R.I.P. Chi Cheng of Deftones

Hybrid View

Default R.I.P. Chi Cheng of Deftones

I just found out that Chi Cheng from Deftones is dead. Too bad he died so soon and spent the rest of his life in a hospital after that serious car accident and never even fully recovered, which is sad.

R.I.P. Chi, your music brings back so much memories of my junior high and high school years.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

I heard about this last night RIP

Yea that shit is a fucking bummer. Wish I had seen the band with the original lineup, but they were great last month. RIP dude, your music was great, you left with a really great legacy.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

I remember only a few months ago, they reported that he was doing better and was partially conscious. Everyone had their hopes up at that point. I wonder what happened?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Sad. I saw a Youtube video of him moving his leg up and down a few months ago. RIP.

Deftones have been probably the most consistent producer of quality music in the last 15 years or so. Diamond Eyes (which was the first album after Chi's accident) was probably their best work. Koi No Yokan was fantastic as well.