Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: Explosion at Boston Marathon

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    It could have been a lot of things, Bighead. But you have a problem with brown people and people will continue to call you out on that.
    You can say that if you want, but the main point is that: based on the circumstantial factors and statistics, there is nothing wrong with strongly considering that radical Muslims were behind the attack.

    In your minds, racism is the only reason that a person could possibly think radical Muslims were behind the attack. In reality, there is a lot of statistical and circumstantial factors that lead people to suspect this.

    Even from a psychological perspective, people are the most fearful of radical Muslims based on what they've done in recent history. They are afraid that they will become more aggressive in their attacks. "Oh what an asshole. He's fearful that it was those people that have committed attacks in the recent past and explicitly state that they want to kill all Americans are becoming more aggressive".

    Of course, the understanding that would result from a psychological perspective such as this doesn't count unless it supports the PC liberal cause.

    Any opinion on this specific subject that doesn't put a tremendous amount of weight on what radical Muslims have done in recent history and what radical Muslim groups have explicitly stated regarding committing terror attacks is a misguided opinion. Come to think of it, it really isn't much more complicated than that.
    Last edited by bighead384; 04-16-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,071


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    My mom firmly believes it was the work of the TSA.

    I just believe dem peeps b cray-cray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    You can say that if you want, but the main point is that: based on the circumstantial factors and statistics, there is nothing wrong with strongly considering that radical Muslims were behind the attack.
    Well, there is when you're ignoring that the evidence actually points more to homegrown terrorism right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    In your minds, racism is the only reason that a person could possibly think radical Muslims were behind the attack. In reality, there is a lot of statistical and circumstantial factors that lead people to suspect this.
    No, of course people will consider it, but the only reason you're harping on the idea of radical Muslims over anyone else is because you are racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Even from a psychological perspective, people are the most fearful of radical Muslims based on what they've done in recent history. They are afraid that they will become more aggressive in their attacks. "Oh what an asshole. He's fearful that it was those people that have committed attacks in the recent past and explicitly state that they want to kill all Americans are becoming more aggressive".
    Only if by "people" you mean "you." There's no "psychological perspective" behind this other than you talking out of your ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Any opinion on this specific subject that doesn't put a tremendous amount of weight on what radical Muslims have done in recent history and what radical Muslim groups have explicitly stated regarding committing terror attacks is a misguided opinion. Come to think of it, it really isn't much more complicated than that.
    Radical Muslims hijack planes and take credit for the attacks. They don't stuff pressure cookers with nails and ball bearings and improvise pipe bombs, then not take credit for it publicly.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,009


    Default

    Once again, bighead successfully trolls the forum by spouting some more generic racist crap. Oh well, it's not like the BBS is seeing much action these days...

    To the original topic of this thread, this article sums up my views on the whole thing: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...otes-reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Well, there is when you're ignoring that the evidence actually points more to homegrown terrorism right now
    There are several reasons to suspect that it was or wasn't radical Muslims. Experts, writers, and public officials have mentioned radical Muslims as a suspected group, while others have said that they doubt it. The point it's not unreasonable to suspect radical Muslims given the circumstances.
    No, of course people will consider it, but the only reason you're harping on the idea of radical Muslims over anyone else is because you are racist.
    This is nothing more than a personal attack.

    Radical Muslims hijack planes and take credit for the attacks. They don't stuff pressure cookers with nails and ball bearings and improvise pipe bombs, then not take credit for it publicly.
    So you know for a fact that it WASN'T radical Muslims simply because of the nature of the weapon and the fact that they haven't yet claimed responsibility less than 36 hours after the attack? I guess assumptions are okay when they are supporting a certain worldview.

    Let's be clear here: I'd agree that there IS a point where a person ought to be considered racist for suspecting a group of people of something for unfounded reasons. This is not one of those times. Not by a long shot. You might be able to find statistics/factors that make the case that one group is more likely to be guilty than radical Muslims. But until you can show how I'm unreasonable for strongly considering that it was radical Muslims, considering their recent attacks and statements that promise more terror, I'm not budging on my stance.
    Last edited by bighead384; 04-16-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    I've been saying all along that of course it's a consideration that there are radical Muslims involved, but you're operating as though it's a foregone conclusion, which it definitely isn't, considering evidence indicates homegrown terrorism.

    Saying you're racist would only be a personal attack if it wasn't true.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    I've been saying all along that of course it's a consideration that there are radical Muslims involved, but you're operating as though it's a foregone conclusion, which it definitely isn't, considering evidence indicates homegrown terrorism.
    100% false. Nowhere in this thread did I state or imply that this is the case. True, I've focused on the possibility of radical Muslims being behind the bombing based on the way the conversation has gone. But when speaking of the likelihood of what group is responsible, I've never said that anyone should consider it anywhere near a forgone conclusion. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it WASN'T radical Muslims. But I'm not going to blame someone for strongly considering it based on, again, their recent history of attacks and explicit desire to continue said attacks.

    Saying that a proposed cause of an event is improbable or unreasonable just because you think you can make the case that another cause was more likely is something of a logical fallacy.
    Last edited by bighead384; 04-16-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default

    Well, it appears that at least one of the perpetrators was Islamic, although it's not clear that this attack was inspired by his religion...
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,106


    Default

    I hope they simply execute the wortless pricks who did this. Don't ask them why they did it, try to get in their head and analyze this or make any effort whatsoever to do one thing except make their last day on this earth miserable and have their death be quick. Then dump the bodies into the ocean and forget them. Stop asking these fucks why they do what they do. Make it simple...you will uncerimoniously die and your bullshit cause will not be hyped. You hate Amercia...fine. There are reasons to hate...but when you come to this country and kill innocent Amercians, there is no extradition, no quarter and you are executed. The body or bodies will not be returned to your country and location of the dumping site never revealed.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,071


    Default

    Well, one is already dead...sooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •