Thread: Smash tracklist upside down

Default Smash tracklist upside down

I bought Smash again for a friend. Now I noticed the back is different from my copy. The tracklist is in smaller print, and the first column is upside down.

Now I don't want to give it away anymore, but he allready paid for it...

Huntenpop, Ulft, Netherlands, 28 august 2009, 20km
    Pukkelpop, Hasselt, Belgium, 20 august 2011 -Canceled- 328km
    Zenith, Paris, France, 31 August 2011, 559km
    AB, Brussels, Belgium, 17 June 2012 (Ignition Club Show), 287km
    De Melkweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 18 june 2012 (Ignition Club Show), 132km

Orange Warsaw Festival, Warsaw, Poland, 26 May 2013, 1150km
    -----------------------------
    Conversation after Paris show:
    Me: "I bought a bottle of Dexter's saus"
    She: "You bought what?!?!"

that's the 2008 remastered version.the booklet is also different
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Actually, the one with the smaller print with tracklist upside down is the original version. The one with larger print and both columns printed the same way is the remastered version.

Default To confuse matters further...

Worth checking the inlay. The first few pressings on Epitaph had incomplete liner notes as they were rush-released to capitalize on the fuss COAP was causing - lyrics missing and that kind of thing. If you've got one of them then you might wanna keep hold of it if you like those kinds of oddities.

Otherwise its just the standard Epitaph release that was (is?) available for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Britpunk View Post
    Worth checking the inlay. The first few pressings on Epitaph had incomplete liner notes as they were rush-released to capitalize on the fuss COAP was causing - lyrics missing and that kind of thing. If you've got one of them then you might wanna keep hold of it if you like those kinds of oddities.

Otherwise its just the standard Epitaph release that was (is?) available for many years.
    I have the vinyl 1st pressing with the missing lyrics.Is it a cd version with missing lyrics too? can you send me a scan or pic in my fb?
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Is it a cd version with missing lyrics too?
    Yes I have a Smash CD with incomplete liners. Unfortunately most of my CD collection is in storage at my mom's at the moment and I'm not likely to visit for a couple of months, so I can't get you a scan right now.

IIRC Oxy had a copy aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Britpunk View Post
    Yes I have a Smash CD with incomplete liners. Unfortunately most of my CD collection is in storage at my mom's at the moment and I'm not likely to visit for a couple of months, so I can't get you a scan right now.

IIRC Oxy had a copy aswell.
    ok!no prob my friend

I bought mine June 95... I don't think it has any of the lyrics missing... although I stopped collecting Offspring CDs about 13-14 years ago, I may have bought a unique smash on ebay back then I forget... :S

You should really ask Tijs, he is the last person to look through my collection and Ala... back in 09...

My copy of Smash on CD is the original. The back cover shows half of the track listing upside down and the insert is a fold-out instead of a booklet. I've owned this CD for a long time.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.