Thread: Finally !

Hybrid View

1 members appreciate this post.

Default Finally !

Same sex marriage is adopted in France.

Despite conservative people (dare I say extremist catholics ?) protesting for several weeks, the law has been definitely adopted today. It includes, logically, adoption.

It still has to pass the Constitutionnal Court, but I don't see how they could rule against it. In 2011, when they were asked about same sex marriage, they said this decision belonged to the Parliament and not to them. Still the same judges so I don't see how they can rule against themselves. Besides, there is nothing in the Constitution that forbids it... quite the contrary actually.

I'm happy and relieved so I just wanted to share.

Hope my gay friends get married now... more food, more dance, more music !

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

This is great! I am glad more and more places treat homosexuals the same as heterosexuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    This is great! I am glad more and more places treat homosexuals the same as heterosexuals.
    France must have had more people with the red equal sign as their profile pic on Facebook to influence the change.

TBH, I'm surprised it took this long, I thought France was socially progressive.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    France must have had more people with the red equal sign as their profile pic on Facebook to influence the change.

TBH, I'm surprised it took this long, I thought France was socially progressive.
    Used to be true. France was one of the first country to authorize same sex unions. (PACS - 1999). It's not very true anymore. You should have seen the protests, that was scary.

Also, when people say that France is socially progressive, I think they mean in terms of social law (Social security, Labour Law...)... but again, not so much these days...

Anyway. Still happy about it.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Its still quite shocking how much of the developed world still haven't legalized it yet - in Europe only Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Iceland and Belgium have it as well.

Congrats to France!

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Yeah, that's generally a myth: same thing goes for the rest of Europe compared to say North America or Australasia. Nobody really has claim to having a monopoly on social progression yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

1 members appreciate this post.

I like the way they think.

Yeah, just the other day my friends and I were just discussing the entire "why aren't fags allowed to marry deal". It is such an important part of the everyday talk and certainly on everyones mind when...the world economy stinks, people are chronically unemployed, terrorists are fucking blowing up innocent people at a marathon and the North Korean government has officially lost its fucking mind threatening nuclear war. But hey, glad the fags get to finally have equal marriage opportunity. Made a big difference to .00000001% of the planet. Two fists for gay marriage equality...YAAAAAYYYYY!...

Ok...that was wrong.