Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what do you do in your free time?

Hybrid View

Default So what do you do in your free time?

I mean, what INTERESTING things do you do in your free time?

Read a book? Boring.

Play video games? Who doesn't?

Me? I've worked at a haunted house for several years. The last couple, I've really gotten into the higher end Special Fx makeup. I do a lot with airbrush. My favorite makeup to do, though, is full face burns, like Freddy Krueger style.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	602333_4332153355966_1272339463_n.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	4437
    This is my husband's makeup from last year. Its not one of the best nights, as far as my airbrush work goes, but I really like this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hot stuff.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	4436  
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00068.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	4438

This is one I did when we were brainstorming for the final design, with paintbrushes, not airbrush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

That's some nice make-up! I don't think I do anything that interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

masturbate, mostly.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    masturbate, mostly.
    I feel like I've missed out on an opportunity if I'm under my daily average.

But seriously, I spend my time on Netflix, and sometimes on this board, and at the same motherfucking bar. I'm a regular.

And the time I would spend on hobbies is usually nap time, because work blows.

I'm always fighting this battle of deciding whether to use my free time to chill or to go out and do something social. And whenever I pick one, I wish I did the other.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Since what I do for a living is also my hobby, I do that in my spare time too: webdesign/programming and cameraman/photography.

Other than that I play competition football (soccer whatever) every Sunday morning, and practice on Wednesday evenings.

And concerts, friends...
    * !

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I'm always fighting this battle of deciding whether to use my free time to chill or to go out and do something social. And whenever I pick one, I wish I did the other.
    ^This so much. What I'm starting to do now is (if I work five days in a week) use one day for errands and anything constructive and the other to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, unless I feel like doing otherwise. It's been working out great so far.

As for what I do in my free time, not much outside of writing and recording songs, playing guitar, bass, drums, etc. I might be starting another band soon, so that will technically be something interesting.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

I hate running and I love cycling... for basically the reasons already mentioned. Running is so hard on my joints, and cycling takes you such wonderful distances
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Things I do in my free time

1) Read. I love reading.
    2) I either come on here (which I haven't lately) or Facebook
    3) Bowl
    4) Hang out with friends
    5) Shop
    6)Watch movies/tv
    7) Listen to music/ go to concerts
    8)Go to the gym
    9) Drink
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 04-26-2013 at 10:22 AM.

I like having hobbies.

I write, mostly - that's probably the biggest one. I am writing a webcomic over at http://doppelgangercomic.net with a friend of mine illustrating. It's fun and casual and to be honest it didn't start off that well but I think we're starting to find a good rhythm.

I also write short stories from time to time, and I'm currently editing the first full-length book I've ever written. It's... alright. Well, it might be alright. It's certainly not great, I'm afraid.

The writing has become more of a priority recently as I head out of graduate school and realize I'd like it to be a larger part of my life.

Otherwise I run, climb and write music. Other than hanging out with friends, dating, and meeting my work and school commitments, that's pretty much been life at this point.

Whatever strikes my fancy beyond that, I tend to go for. I started learning to play the piano earlier this year, but didn't have the time for it and it's now on hold. I picked up CSS and HTML when I had the time and I'm making my way through javascript now, just to have basic competence at that level. I also learned to lockpick and shim locks when I had a few spare moments. So yeah - whatever seems interesting.

And, lest my favorite hobby be omitted, I like to drink.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.