Thread: Flaky Conservatives

Hybrid View

Default Flaky Conservatives

In my mind, flaky conservatives are a genre of people. Glenn Beck/Michele Bachmann types. I swear, there's a certain essence that these people have that is somehow similar. It's like they NEED to believe that their system of values and judgements PERFECTLY fit all possible life situations, and they're always doing mental gymnastics to bend what they observe in order to accommodate these beliefs. They have this weird, high-strung intensity about them that they try to hide behind a common man facade. It's as if they are desirous that every conversation, every action, should serve the purpose of validating their beliefs.

I dunno, I might have sucked at explaining this.
    Last edited by bighead384; 04-27-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

You could pretty much say this about any group of like minded people. For instance, bigoted trolls who insist on using incredibly offensive language to garner a reaction out of BBS dwellers. Pretty in-depth thought you had there BH.
    Last edited by _Lost_; 05-03-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Offensive language removed

I think I'm just going to insist that my claim stands without offering any further reasoning.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Well shit BH, I didn't know you were going to insist. Damn, if you're going to pull out the insist card, what more could possibly be said. Well played my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    You could pretty much say this about any group of like minded people. Like say...fags, dykes, drug addicts, liberal asswads, musicians, dog catchers, astronauts, minority community organizers etc. Pretty in-depth thought you had there BH.
    I know it might be a difficult thing for your friends and family to accept, but I think that long term, you'd be much happier if you just came to terms with your homo/bisexuality. If your friends can't deal with it, you'll find new ones that accept the new you.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    I know it might be a difficult thing for your friends and family to accept, but I think that long term, you'd be much happier if you just came to terms with your homo/bisexuality. If your friends can't deal with it, you'll find new ones that accept the new you.
    Lol...I'll try to accept my overt gayness. Wow.