Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't like my friends using Facebook to remind the world that they have kids.

Default I don't like my friends using Facebook to remind the world that they have kids.

Honestly, I don't care. I know for a fact that you still do stuff un-baby related, like hang out with friends, work, and go to school, so why is it that every day, you clog my Facebook News Feed with pictures and commentary about how your baby poops?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Facebook, networking for social losers.

I understand keeping up with your family on this site. It is great for that especially if they live accross the country. But this site has taken on WAYYYY to much importance in everyday life for some people. They wrongly assume people give 2squirts about 'lil Billy and his first dump.

I absolutely loathe children, but I'd rather see a picture of your kid than the same shitty jokes or pictures from some shitty Facebook group with another shitty and often racist or sexist joke as a name, over and over and over again.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I absolutely loathe children, but I'd rather see a picture of your kid than the same shitty jokes or pictures from some shitty Facebook group with another shitty and often racist or sexist joke as a name, over and over and over again.
    Came in to say something like this an here it was.

Often, I find that the people that do this this have no other "achievements" other than their kids.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I don't have a facebook account, since I got bored with Myspace already. Still I manage to keep friends, it's astonishing. I don't have friends who have kids, actually I know a couple, but I don't talk to them regularly, just every once in a while/year.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

STFU Parents is a refuge for we folks who hate oversharenting.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Hold up, is that a website where you can read about people who aren't even your Facebook friends talking about their kids? Why the fuck would anyone want to do that?
    Last edited by WebDudette; 05-03-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    Hold up, is that a website where you can read about people who aren't your Facebook friends talking about their kids? Why the fuck would anyone want to do that?
    Haha, fair question.

1) Seeing how bad some people are makes you feel better about what you do see on FB.

2) The blogger's commentary is awesome.

3) Sometimes you do see things that your friends would post, and you feel a bit better when you read through all the comments of people who feel the same as you.

4) It's kinda like reading "I'm not racist but" or "Nice Guys of OKCupid". It's amusing to laugh at idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Hmm... I do like the Fedoras of OKC tumblr is funny, but I don't think this is my thing.

Most of what makes stfuparents funny is the blogger's commentary. I've yet to see anything as bad as what turns up there. Its all incredibly mundane. "Just got Baby her first pair of shoes. They were a little expensive, but hopefully worth the cost because they are supposed to be good for walking. *insert blurry pic of Baby doing 'wtf?' face, whilst wearing said shoes*"

Note: Her child always has a 'wtf?' face in her blurry barrage of pictures. I'm not sure why, but haven't really given it any thought until this very moment. Maybe the kid is like "Wtf is your reasoning for sharing this moment on Facebook, Mom? I don't get it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.