Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't like my friends using Facebook to remind the world that they have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Most of what makes stfuparents funny is the blogger's commentary. I've yet to see anything as bad as what turns up there. Its all incredibly mundane. "Just got Baby her first pair of shoes. They were a little expensive, but hopefully worth the cost because they are supposed to be good for walking. *insert blurry pic of Baby doing 'wtf?' face, whilst wearing said shoes*"

Note: Her child always has a 'wtf?' face in her blurry barrage of pictures. I'm not sure why, but haven't really given it any thought until this very moment. Maybe the kid is like "Wtf is your reasoning for sharing this moment on Facebook, Mom? I don't get it."
    A friend of mine posts pretty much nothing but blurry cell phone pics of her baby. "We're at the park and here's our baby sitting in his stroller, with a bored look on his face, and complete with blur and bad picture quality!"

One of my friends, though, always posts funny captions with her pictures. One picture of her baby with a set of toy keys around her wrist said, "[Baby's name] knows how to rock the chunky bracelet". I can appreciate that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Showing off is like, 80% of the point of social media. I do tend to get annoyed sometimes with oversharing, but that's what it's there for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

1 members appreciate this post.

I'm not joking when I say that my brothers girlfriend hasn't posted *ANYTHING* that doesn't have some connection to their children in the nearly 4 years since they had their first child.

I mean literally, everything from sore nipples from breastfeeding (why the FUCK would you share that?) to only vaguely related "I'm totally going out with my girlfriends tonight, it will be nice to get some peace from the kids BUTOMGZOLGOVEEH I WILL MISS THEM CRYCRYCRY/wrist". It never ends. Ever.

I'm 100% certain, and I really mean that, I have absolute certainty of what I'm about to say. There are more photos in existence of their son, who is not even one year old yet, than there are of me, considering I'm 24 that's quite the achievement.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    I'm not joking when I say that my brothers girlfriend hasn't posted *ANYTHING* that doesn't have some connection to their children in the nearly 4 years since they had their first child.

I mean literally, everything from sore nipples from breastfeeding (why the FUCK would you share that?) to only vaguely related "I'm totally going out with my girlfriends tonight, it will be nice to get some peace from the kids BUTOMGZOLGOVEEH I WILL MISS THEM CRYCRYCRY/wrist". It never ends. Ever.

I'm 100% certain, and I really mean that, I have absolute certainty of what I'm about to say. There are more photos in existence of their son, who is not even one year old yet, than there are of me, considering I'm 24 that's quite the achievement.
    I almost feel bad for these people. It's like they can find no purpose in life other than to take care of their offspring. "Omg I finally did something with my life - I popped out babies! I will show the world how awesome I am by being a parent!!!" I'd feel really bad for them if they weren't so damn obnoxious.

I know that some new parents overdo it with the baby updates, but if people are going to be asked to refrain from baby updates, then folks are going to have to quit it with the updates about their pets.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

First they came for the parents,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a parent.

Then they came for the pet owners,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a pet owner.

Then they came for the dudes who really love their cars,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a dude who really loves his car.

Then they came for me,
    and there was no one left to speak for me.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    I know that some new parents overdo it with the baby updates, but if people are going to be asked to refrain from baby updates, then folks are going to have to quit it with the updates about their pets.
    I find that constant pet stuff gets super annoying, but I've never seen any one of my friends posting daily (or even weekly) mundane pictures and updates about their dog's big poop. But if I saw someone posting about their pets as much as I see people posting about their kids, I'd be just as annoyed.

What I don't mind:
    • Hey here's some shit my kid did.
    • Gaw look at my pet!
    • Here is a video I like! And another! And another!

What I do mind:
    • Play this shitty game I'm addicted to!
    • Share this racist/mind-numbing/scammy image or you might die!
    • I'm so depressed I hate my life I'm gonna be single Fuck men ugh pissed off again.

Britpunk knows what's up. Kids are annoying, but not half as bad as some Facebook trends.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    First they came for the parents,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a parent.

Then they came for the pet owners,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a pet owner.

Then they came for the dudes who really love their cars,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a dude who really loves his car.

Then they came for me,
    and there was no one left to speak for me.
    I have nothing to contribute yet come bearing praise for this post.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks