Thread: The Offspring (apparently) got asked to tour with Metallica and STP back in 1994

Default The Offspring (apparently) got asked to tour with Metallica and STP back in 1994

Right now I'm reading my copy of this book called "Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal". In that book, at page 305-306, it said that The Offspring turned down offers to play arena shows with Metallica and Stone Temple Pilots back in 1994. Dexter stated, "It just really didn't seem like the right thing to do. I still like the club thing, even if it's a big club. I like Stone Temple Pilots - it's not like we're just saying we're too punk for that." Here's the link to the book:

http://books.google.com/books?id=eWR...page&q&f=false

I know Metallica played Lollapalooza back in 1996 which had Rancid, Soundgarden and the Ramones on the bill, but I can't really imagine an Offspring tour with them. I wouldn't mind seeing an STP tour with The Offspring though.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing an STP tour with The Offspring though.
    I would like to see that also but im not sure what is going on with them? I can't picture STP without Scott Weiland

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I would like to see that also but im not sure what is going on with them? I can't picture STP without Scott Weiland
    I guess they'll either go on hiatus or just search for a new singer just like Velvet Revolver did after Scott left the band.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

They will probably do like they did before, when Weiland repeatedly left to pursue his own interests (drugs and a solo Christmas album apparently), and work on music without him (Talk Show anyone?). STP's reunion tour was a bit of a flop anyway. My dad and stepmom saw them on their stop here, because tickets sales were poor and dropped to less than half price in the weeks leading up to the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    I guess they'll either go on hiatus or just search for a new singer just like Velvet Revolver did after Scott left the band.
    It would be better if Scott fires the whole band and hires 3 new guys lol or they should just break up again