Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Dexter Biography

1 members appreciate this post.

Default A Dexter Biography

Wouldn't that be a good idea?

He could talk about how stuff happened for him with details no one knows.
    He could also talk about behind the scenes stuff... like Ron leaving the band. The real motives and reasons. He could tell us why the abrupt change in style from ignition to smash, making it sound like a different band. He could tell us more about his biology studies and how he's taking his projects together. He could talk about Gone Away and the real motives for the song.

And, if I'm any good at reading people's expressions, he could tell us what happened aroud the time splinter came out. A little more precisely after Conspiracy and during Splinter time. He was looking kinda blue during that time. I have a feeling the song Days go by is about that, mainly because of what he said on and interview. In which he said the song is about keep going on despite bad stuff that happens and that had also happened with him. But that's mere speculation.

Maybe a book like that would be better to happen after the band is finished and commercial intersts are a little more aout of the question.
    Last edited by malepunker; 05-15-2013 at 08:58 PM.

3 members appreciate this post.

I think if Dexter wanted the world to know these things he would already have told us.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDK View Post
    I think if Dexter wanted the world to know these things he would already have told us.
    He is right.

What about when band is finished and commercial intersts are a little more aout of the question?
    Maybe there would be not much harm in telling the stuff then.

Quote Originally Posted by malepunker View Post
    What about when band is finished and commercial intersts are a little more aout of the question?
    Maybe there would be not much harm in telling the stuff then.
    There may be some things that he would be able to talk about more freely, I'm not even sure of what, but things like the relationship with Ron, the meaning behind Gone Away and the band's personal lives etc. are not binded by any commercial interests.

There may be some things that he would be able to talk about more freely, I'm not even sure of what, but things like the relationship with Ron, the meaning behind Gone Away and the band's personal lives etc. are not binded by any commercial interests.
    We can't know what things are bound to commercial interets or not, as we don't know what those things are about exactly.
    Another thing is when the band ends, and I hope that it takes a long time for that to happen, the conjucture will be all different. But I agree with the gone away thing. Probably too painful to talk about.

2 members appreciate this post.

For the love of science...Gone away is NOT about anyone. Dexter has said it multiple times...I dont know why this rumor is still around, i was hearing it 12 years ago and im sure it existed before that.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingcoles View Post
    For the love of science...Gone away is NOT about anyone. Dexter has said it multiple times...I dont know why this rumor is still around, i was hearing it 12 years ago and im sure it existed before that.
    This. Seriously.

I could, and have, written songs of the same emotional vein, with no particular person or event in mind.

And why do you folks all want to know anyway? How will it change the meaning for you? You know how? You won't relate it to your own life as well. Now that there is a name/face to the story, it changes from something everyone can relate to, to being about someone that NONE of you know. So, even if it were about someone, which he has said several times that it isn't, knowing who it was could ruin it for you. Its not like when someone dies in a movie and you feel all kinds of sad about it, because you haven't had hours of backstory and character development that allow you to grow attached, in some way, emotionally, to said character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Although TripleDK doesn't agree with me, he was the only one to give a valid reply to the thread.

So gone away isn't about someone, so what? Why some ppl are so worried about pointing out errors or mistakes others make? I don't mean to be rude, but it seems to me to be some ego issue.

It matters little for the topic, actually. What matters here is, what about a Dexter book, like a Biography? Wouldn't you like that as a fan? Don't you want him to know that you would like that?

Things I know about Dex:

He's a musician
    He's a Pilot
    A sauce maker
    A rapper
    A poet
    A dad
    The president of Nitro
    A nerd
    The coolest dude!
    He's taller than me
    He plays video games