Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Ramsey

Default Gordon Ramsey

What do you think of the guy? I thought he was a fucking dick and an exaggerator at first. But I think he's mostly just passionate as hell about cooking and about what it takes to succeed. Also slightly a dick. But mostly passionate.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

He's a cool guy. He literally has like 8 television shows that mostly revolve around him trying to help other people. He's loud and intense, but he's still a good person.
    I wrote a four word letter.

He's awesome. His shows are, quite literally, the only "reality" shows I will watch.

His attitude is basically just part of being a head chef. All the good ones I've known have been forceful, intimidating men. You have to be to run a successful kitchen, from what I can see. For one thing there are many unpleasant aspects to working in a kitchen. I have done it before and it was awful. A scary head chef would mean the difference between me getting my work done or sneaking off for a smoke. Can't be just scary, of course, they need to be respected too. Ramsey just does the whole thing perfectly. He's passionate, seemingly, about all areas of the business. The food itself, of course, but also the service for the customers, the working conditions of the staff, everything. He can always see how it all fits together in a way so many people sadly can't. I'd love to work for someone like him.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

I'm not sure how confident I can truly be about his overall character, but for the most part, I can excuse his actions because I see that it's his vision and passion that causes him to tend to act like that. Although that sort of thinking can tend to be abused, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Default You can't cook for shit

I love it when he comes to a restaurant and gives everyone shit and fires the chef. He just ruins it for everyone.

The only problem I got with his shows is the whole reality TV aspect of it. Like when he all the time runs out of the restaurant and speaks to the camera as if he plunged into a friend and did not expect the camera to be there at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

I don't care for reality show type of stuff at all generally and haven't watched any of his stuff. But recently I stumbled upon one episode of Kitchen Nightmares which was batshit insane.

Ramsey seems pretty cool though.

I heard about that episode, but haven't gotten to watch it yet.

I think his reactions to the foods are a little exaggerated for more TV ratings purposes, but the man truly seems to have a huge heart. The real sad thing is that with Kitchen Nightmares, only a couple of the restaurants he's helped have been able to save their business, because these places are so deep in the hole when he gets there, that there really is no hope to save them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    I don't care for reality show type of stuff at all generally and haven't watched any of his stuff. But recently I stumbled upon one episode of Kitchen Nightmares which was batshit insane.

Ramsey seems pretty cool though.
    Biggest bitch of the year. I'm surprised Ramsey managed to stay so cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Dude. Amy is fucking CRAZY. She's one of those people that someone functions as a normal person, but is essentially crazy. I watched the entire episode and would recommend the same to anyone.

Must see:
    Last edited by bighead384; 05-19-2013 at 10:09 AM.