Thread: VPN help?

Default VPN help?

I want to be able to watch US Netflix content outside of the US and I've heard this may be possible using a VPN. I tried installing Hotspot Shield and that one didn't work, not for Netflix anyway. So, I was wondering if anyone here knows of a free VPN service that does work for Netflix? It doesn't absolutely have to be free, but it does absolutely have to work for Netflix so please only suggest something if you're certain. Thanks!
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

I'm in Canada and I just use the Mediahint extension for Chrome. Download it and activate it when you log into Netflix and you gain access to American content. Want a return to normal? Settings-Extension-Mediahint Off.

http://mediahint.com

This is for Arrested Development, I hope.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Tor is something you can use which will help you out here, and it will make you virtually completely anonymous if you care about that. It is not an VPN per se, but for what you want to do, it basically works the same.
    https://www.torproject.org/

CyberGhost is an okay free VPN, and "okay" is the best you can hope for when you do not want to pay for an VPN. CyberGhost will let you choose which server you want to go through, so in your case you would want to go through a US server in order to watch Netflix. You can pay for CyberGhost or other VPNs which is definitely a better product, not to mention faster.

You also have many web based proxies you can use as you don't actually have to use an VPN for this task.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Tor is something you can use which will help you out here, and it will make you virtually completely anonymous if you care about that. It is not an VPN per se, but for what you want to do, it basically works the same.
    https://www.torproject.org/

CyberGhost is an okay free VPN, and "okay" is the best you can hope for when you do not want to pay for an VPN. CyberGhost will let you choose which server you want to go through, so in your case you would want to go through a US server in order to watch Netflix. You can pay for CyberGhost or other VPNs which is definitely a better product, not to mention faster.

You also have many web based proxies you can use as you don't actually have to use an VPN for this task.
    The problem with Tor is that it is slow and you cannot be sure of where the end-server is placed. Unless it is in the United States, he will not be able to watch Netflix video that would only be available in the US.

CyberGhost is not something that I have tried. Using a proxy server would work. The issue here is to find one that works well. You would then have to make sure that it is located in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan für den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ignition- View Post
    Jojans planer låter bra.

I favor Mediahint too. Its just a plugin so no mucking about with vpns or proxies or what not - just install and go

Thanks guys, I'm going to start with mediahint and see how I get on.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Well, that was easy. Having access to both US and British Netflix is going to be amazing. Really appreciate the excellent advice. Now just need to get myself a decent internet connection and I'll be all set.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post

This is for Arrested Development, I hope.
    It's been on my list for years so I'm sure I'll get around to it one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Well, that was easy. Having access to both US and British Netflix is going to be amazing. Really appreciate the excellent advice. Now just need to get myself a decent internet connection and I'll be all set.

It's been on my list for years so I'm sure I'll get around to it one of these days.
    Richard Ricardo Britsman. The new season of Arrested Development comes out on US Netflix in 6 days. By then you must have watched the other 3 seasons.

Good luck to you.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I watched the original 3 seasons again just recently and it didn't take me long. You can do it, Richard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Oh, I'm sure I could manage that, the only problem is my internet access at the moment.