Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inventor of ADHD: "ADHD is a prime example of a fictitious disease"

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    ADHD is the biggest load of medical bullshit ever dumped on the American public. It's a basic lack of proper parenting and discipline. Fucking kids can't control themselves for whatever reason so lets medicate the little bastards so we can control them. Kids are supposed to be naturally active but it's the responsibility of the parent to channel this in a positve and constructive way. Too many parents want to be their kids best friends and simply won't discipline them because they don't want to hurt the kids feelings. Get over it. Get the kid busy doing something so they have less free time on their hands and maybe they'll actually be OK.
    Yeah...okay. Suuuuuuure. Disregarding what you said about children because kids being kids can be confused with ADHD. Do some research on adult ADHD and get back to me on that. Legit research.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't put time into my threads sometimes. Maybe I should.

Uh, sometimes I have a strong reaction to something, I'll just make it a thread out of impulse. Or post on FB.

Maybe I have ADHD lololol.
    Yeah, lulz! XD

Or maybe you're just a dick who clearly doesn't know what the symptoms of ADHD are or you wouldn't have made that sorry excuse of a joke.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Yeah...okay. Suuuuuuure. Disregarding what you said about children because kids being kids can be confused with ADHD. Do some research on adult ADHD and get back to me on that. Legit research.
    Yeah, I'll do "legit" research on some bullshit medical disorder. It starts with raising a kid right and goes from there into adulthood. It's a medical label attached to not focusing or paying attention. It's a way to sell drugs. You go ahead and trust the drug producers. They always look out for your best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    ... I've got ADHD... not on any drugs... ...Australian ...lived with a single parent on the pension/centrelink system my whole life.... have a huge social life
    Not to be insensitive, but I know a lot of ADD dole kids, and I'm betting your "huge social life" has to do with the fact that you're selling your medication to all your "friends" instead of taking it yourself. Am I wrong?

While definitely against the over-use of stimulant medication, I am not sure about labeling ADHD a disorder. On the one hand there will always be people who stigmatize and just think of ADHD patients of uncontrollable freaks who they clearly are not, but on the other hand the use of the clinical label ADHD contributes to the search for solutions and may ultimately (even though somewhat paradoxical) result in people realizing that it is not just an entirely biological disorder but rather a clash between biological and family factors when parents and teachers do not know how to create good learning environments for children that are a little different from what the education system might expect from the standard learner.
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Not to be insensitive, but I know a lot of ADD dole kids, and I'm betting your "huge social life" has to do with the fact that you're selling your medication to all your "friends" instead of taking it yourself. Am I wrong?

Hahaha do you really have that kind of prejudice? I don't even get any prescriptions whatsoever, and I definitely wouldn't sell any kind of drug to anybody (especially since I've done some study on how bad these drugs are).
    I probably have a big social life because I've played in bands since I was 14, and always kept an interesting online presence. So yes you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by lousyskater View Post
    the offspring pretty much copied the vandals song too much drama.

http://killamedic.bandcamp.com/releases
    A new era of punk rock, and a hotplate!
    But seriously, check out this band, if you're on the BSS, you'll love em!

Joel, I'd like to point out that an "interesting online presence" in your past has included many failed attempts at trolling, and, for a while, the general dislike or, more frequently, being ignored by the BBS as a whole. I only liked you outside of here, cause in public forums, you used to be one major twat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Hahaha do you really have that kind of prejudice? I don't even get any prescriptions whatsoever, and I definitely wouldn't sell any kind of drug to anybody (especially since I've done some study on how bad these drugs are).
    I probably have a big social life because I've played in bands since I was 14, and always kept an interesting online presence. So yes you are wrong.
    Alright, so I'm wrong. Sorry for assuming you're a drug dealer. You're just a guy who thinks bandmates, groupies and online folks count as real friends.

Just curious though, you're a teenager diagnosed with ADHD, so you could easily be bringing in three to four hundred dollars a month for your impoverished dolebludging single-mother, with no risk whatsoever, and yet you.... just don't? In this economy and all? You're kind of a ridiculously shitty and selfish son/daughter, don't you think?

Kids today. No morals.