Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One song sounds like Jane's Addiction, one BonJovi, one Blind Melon, one Bad Religion

Imagine that. A song that was written to sound like a Bad Religion song sounds like a Bad Religion song.

Perhaps if Brett hadn't been so dismissive of Protocol, it could have found it's place on Stranger Than Fiction or The Grey Race.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

I don't recall Brett ever actually giving criticism on the album, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had.

Anyway. my thoughts:

Me & My Old Lady = Jane's Addiction

Cool to Hate = Bon Jovi

Amazed = Blind Melon

All I Want = Bad Religion

At any rate, I assume his comments were made out of spite, among other reasons. Recall that at the time The Offspring moved from Epitaph over to Columbia, so some comments were likely based off of a business view.

On the same token, didn't Brett leave Epitaph to check into rehab nearly directly after the release of Ixnay?

For sure Cool to Hate isn't like a Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo19 View Post
    On the same token, didn't Brett leave Epitaph to check into rehab nearly directly after the release of Ixnay?
    I read somewhere that Brett went to rehab when Rancid was making Life Won't Wait, so it was definitely sometime after Ixnay came out.

Quote Originally Posted by miqal View Post
    For sure Cool to Hate isn't like a Bon Jovi
    The "whoa" in "The Meaning of Life" is more like the "whoa" in Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name".
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo19 View Post
    At any rate, I assume his comments were made out of spite, among other reasons. Recall that at the time The Offspring moved from Epitaph over to Columbia, so some comments were likely based off of a business view.

Yes he got arrested for buying heroin and the judge made him go to a rehab program at a prison so when he said this he was a hardcore drug addict and bitter because The Offspring left Epitaph

What a load of fuckin bollox!

We are talkin about The Offspring here right? The pretty fly, hit that, California, original pranksters? Yeah they rip off
    Bad religion loads..... A band who are ok but rest in their own comfort zone more than pennywise!
    I know this is old but fuck you bad religion! Bonjovi my hairy arse!
    www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

"if you throw a cup at my head again im dropping 'bob' outta the set-list"