Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What song do you want to hear The Offspring play in Las Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by miqal View Post
    Indeed, this is a good method to have 4165 posts.
    You're smoking crack right?

I hate this stupid fucking elitism, and it's so boooring "I wanna hear the old songs I wanna hear the old song"... like some fucking punk rock 101 broken record. Next you're gonna tell me you liked them before they sold out right? Cliche.

I am happy they played Slim Pickens... this new record is simply fucking amazing... you've had close to 30 years to listen to the other shit live, the new record has been only out for a year. If you didn't that's your too bad...

I am glad they voted Slim Pickens in, it is one of the best songs ever written and it deserves to be a PERMANENT staple of the set list with Divide by Zero....

As for session being rare live, you're kidding right? I must've heard Session live 5-6 times so far. Slim Pickens just once. There is rare for ya...

It was a good show but session would have been awesome!

Session had to be played during Ignition tour of cours. However, are you able to find when exactly Offspring performed Session last time within regular shows? I can find Genocide or Mota but it must take time to find Session in regular shows. So, it's justified to say that Session is rare concert song.

The set list for this show was disappointing, for me anyway (I mean, who gets excited hearing 'Walla Walla'??). I am glad I did not spend $500 to fly out to this show.

Quote Originally Posted by miqal View Post
    Session had to be played during Ignition tour of cours. However, are you able to find when exactly Offspring performed Session last time within regular shows? I can find Genocide or Mota but it must take time to find Session in regular shows. So, it's justified to say that Session is rare concert song.
    No it isn't I heard it live at least 3 times aside from Ignition shows... I've heard Mota live way less than Session.

Session isn't a rare concert song compared to slim pickens and on the flip side you've had the chance to hear session live for 20 years... Slim Pickens... 1. Not to mention Slim Pickens is better live than Session.

Can't wait to hear Dividing By Zero & Slim Pickens in August! Fuck Yeeeeeeah
    There. I hope you enjoyed our time together today. You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life. Well, till next time. Ta-ta

Default Fan Review

My fan review finally made it on the website (they must have been behind). I posted this 2 days after the show!

by IxnayontheLindsay (Chandler, US)
    It was a hot one folks. A f'n scorcher on Saturday night in June. Temp gauge stopped almost 110. The booze was flowing. Cheap perfume and cigarettes filled the air as I entered the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas Nevada.

I was stoked when 'We Are Scientists' buttered us up for our Offspring fix. Dancing the akward "I don't know the opening band, but they are good, I should check them out" dance, I patiently waited for my main event.

Armed with a pony tail holder and water to make it through the whole show, I was ready to throw down to keep my spot. Two other hardcore fans standing in front of me was the only barrier from Punk Rock Legends, The Offspring. (Oh, the metal barrier and a few security guards, and a 12 foot stage, but it's cool I got this)

Lights went down, then it started. The anticipation... my palms were sweaty, my heart a thumping. This unruly feeling to scream as if I were one of those prost-a-tots waiting for a Justin Weebier show to start.

Sh!t got crazy and we rocked it.

The hot air blew through our sweaty heads. The guitar stylings of Noodles complemented by Greg K's bass boogie and dynamic drum kicks permeating by Pete, boiled with Dexters vivacious vocals and endowed guitar playing overflowed onto Las Vegas Blvd. It was magic...

For over an hour, my head exploded with music that I cannot deny helped make me who I am today.

Too soon the stage was empty and I stood there wanting more, my heart still thumping, ready to take on the world!

Instead, I filed down the stairs with thousands of other fans and went back to my life. But for those few hours I was something more... I was a an Offspring Fan at an Offspring show, and I was untouchable!