Thread: Froday

Default Froday

Online news infuriates me sometimes because of things like this. Specifically, the end of the third paragraph, where it says "Froday".

Is there ever any excuse for an error like this? I know it doesn't really matter, except, at the same time, it really, really does. Because, fuck. Take some pride in your work and run a spell check before you share that with the world. How can I trust the information from this source if they can't even manage a simple spell check? It's laziness, incompetence, or perhaps just being in too much of a hurry. The reason is really irrelevant. The result is that I can't trust anything else in the article once I see such an awful error. Why are the standards for online journalism so far below traditional print journalism?

Of course, on the other hand...FRODAY. I can't deny I'm loving the mental images.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Holy shit I was just about to make a thread partly about Yahoo, and how their articles are terrible, and the only thing worse than their articles are the people who comment on them. I am actually still going to make this thread because it's too much of a tangent from "Froday" to be contained in the replies here, but I hear ya on the low writing standards and proofreading. It reminds me of this
    story that I saw today. My brother is a skilled, hard-working writer who has been trying to find virtually any kind of writing job beyond the crappy marketing one he has now, and these clowns somehow get writing jobs.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

I get so fucking frustrated when I can't find a date on an article. How it's even possible that every internet article doesn't have a clearly posted date is beyond me, especially when it's an article about scientific discoveries or anything else where the date is very relevant.

God damn, that makes me mad.

Also, articles with poor syntax or punctuation that make it hard as shit to understand what is going on.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Funny this came up. I was wondering why a lot of you guys don't pursue careers in writing recently. I mean, I've heard peoples careers or college majors come up at various points, and I can't remember writing being one of them. Or anyone linking their blog or anything like that.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Where's the Grardian when you need it?

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    It reminds me of this
    Wow. That's so bad it's actually impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Where's the Grardian when you need it?
    Nice. For some reason I have a talent/curse that forces me to notice things like that and be unable to simply gloss over the error.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I was wondering why a lot of you guys don't pursue careers in writing recently.
    It would be my dream job if I had the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I get so fucking frustrated when I can't find a date on an article.
    Back when I used Facebook I was always seeing people post scientific articles thinking they were sharing something new when in reality it was often years old and had already been debunked. Or was just an April Fool's joke to begin with. Clear dates would be nice indeed.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I get so fucking frustrated when I can't find a date on an article. How it's even possible that every internet article doesn't have a clearly posted date is beyond me, especially when it's an article about scientific discoveries or anything else where the date is very relevant.
    There are few things more annoying than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.