Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A minor thing that make me rage irrationally

Hybrid View

1 members appreciate this post.

Default A minor thing that make me rage irrationally

Am I the only one whose testicles rage-clench whenever I hear somebody add "cha-cha-cha" to the Happy Birthday song? I've never even experienced this in real life, all I know is that at some point America decided the Happy Birthday song would be improved if one obnoxious asshole shouted "cha-cha-cha" between every line, and at some point after that I inadvertently watched two youtube videos where it happens. Why does it happen? When did it start? Why is it always just one ridiculously annoying person doing it?

And does anybody else hate this with a pure, unbridled hatred that burns hotter than ten thousand suns?

Wait, adults do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Never experienced this, nor heard about it. So I can't really rage about it. Cha cha cha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Oh my god YES. I hate this too. I've always hated it. It's as if there is supposed to be some kind of inherent humor in adding the chas to the song. The person who does the chas tends to look to others for a laugh and usually they get it. Then they all excitedly join in on the chas and laugh together as if they've really done something special.

Here's the other thing. The chas ruin the 3/4 timing of the song. They don't fit! But I guess this a musician thing.

Mainly though, I hate the fact that people accept that there is an inherent comical value in adding extra meaningless words to the song.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I've honestly only ever heard children do it, and children are easily amused so it makes sense. My only guess is that adults find it cute because it reminds them of childhood. Otherwise, said adults are not all there.

And it totally fits. You have an upbeat, one full measure of 3/4, and then two measures of 2/4. Plenty of songs do not stay in one time signature throughout, and thus it's very possible and definitely works.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    And it totally fits. You have an upbeat, one full measure of 3/4, and then two measures of 2/4. Plenty of songs do not stay in one time signature throughout, and thus it's very possible and definitely works.
    Oh my god...

Edit: I guess saying "the chas don't fit" is debatable, even though I just meant they don't fit the time signature. But mainly, this is just Llamas being Llamas.
    Last edited by bighead384; 05-29-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    mainly, this is just Llamas being Llamas.

Damn it

At least try and pretend you aren't incredibly obsessed with getting Baldwin's attention.

Things that lately annoy me:
    People who bring their bikes on the city metro, to save time they waste everyone else's.

Students whose idea of a conversation starter is "so whats your plan afterwards?" (If you ask this regularly, stop.)

Business students and ambitious people in general, they also make the worst small talk. So goal-oriented.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    At least try and pretend you aren't incredibly obsessed with getting Baldwin's attention.

Things that lately annoy me:
    People who bring their bikes on the city metro, to save time they waste everyone else's.

Students whose idea of a conversation starter is "so whats your plan afterwards?" (If you ask this regularly, stop.)

Business students and ambitious people in general, they also make the worst small talk. So goal-oriented.
    On a related note, I hate it when someone replies with "busy" in response to being asked how they are. That answer is even lamer than "good" or "well" or "fine". It's boring and generic, but also a small attempt to brag. Most people are busy. Come up with a different response, or stick with "fine" if you can't think of anything interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    No one but you thinks this.