Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A minor thing that make me rage irrationally

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Pre-heating makes some sense...pre-warning does not.
    Well, yeah, because prewarn is not a real word, while preheat is. "Prewarn" is just a dumbass's word for "forewarn", which is a real word. But I don't think "forewarn" makes less sense than "preheat", because you can warn someone off your property, or you can warn someone that you're gonna be late... but you can forewarn someone like, "the council has been forewarned of any deliberate intention to incur an annual deficit." It makes it 100% clear that the warning was intentionally issued before any harm could come, just as preheat makes it clear that you should heat the oven before putting the frozen pizza in.
    Last edited by Llamas; 09-18-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    ...was this intentional? Do I just not get it? Please tell me it was...!
    You are one of the very few who I thought would get it and enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Another thing that makes me rage irrationally is nicotine withdrawal. Whats worse is that you don't realize why you're so annoyed until you have a cigarette. But eh, I love my addictions.
    I haven't had a cigarette in months now. I chose not to keep an accurate count but it must be approaching 6 months I should think. And I'm still ridiculously affected by nicotine. I have a spray which really helps, but first I have to realize I need it. I'd still absolutely love a cigarette but it was affecting my health too much. I don't really care what happens to me thirty plus years from now, but smoking was causing me immediate problems so it needed to go away. I keep telling myself that if I am able to generally improve my health I'll let myself smoke again. So I'm actually using my desire to smoke as a motivator to get healthier. This amuses me.

Errr, how about, "1. Heat oven to 150C for 30 min. 2. Put in pizza for 20 min."
    You shouldn't even need the "30 min" part because most ovens have a light to notify you when the oven has reached the desired temperature. Just "Heat to 150C" would suffice.

We're probably stuck with the term now though since changing it would lead to the same sort of confusion as that generated by "flammable" and "inflammable".
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Well, yeah, because prewarn is not a real word, while preheat is. "Prewarn" is just a dumbass's word for "forewarn", which is a real word. But I don't think "forewarn" makes less sense than "preheat", because you can warn someone off your property, or you can warn someone that you're gonna be late... but you can forewarn someone like, "the council has been forewarned of any deliberate intention to incur an annual deficit." It makes it 100% clear that the warning was intentionally issued before any harm could come, just as preheat makes it clear that you should heat the oven before putting the frozen pizza in.
    Good explanation...but it still makes no damn sense.

Yeah...warned.

Warning implies a result to a future action. Forewarn...pre-warn...it's the same kind of stupid to me.

Oh yeah...what the fuck does pre-recorded mean?

This stupid discussion about what does "pre" mean. Really? Come on don't be stupid. What does pre-recorded mean? Gee I dont know. How about go look in a dictionary for the definition. But you're too lazy to do that so here it is. "To record sound or film in advance" for example some tv shows tape earlier in the day and than they show it in the time slot that they come on. So that is pre recorded.

Right, it's recorded. Pre-recorded is nonsense. I guess pre-recorded could mean that some parts of a show were previously recorded and used during a live segment. Thanks, I figured it out myself. As usual, you contributed zero as far as a useful explanation. Go back to your pre-menopausal idiocy. And...this discussion is not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Right, it's recorded. Pre-recorded is nonsense. I guess pre-recorded could mean that some parts of a show were previously recorded and used during a live segment. Thanks, I figured it out myself. As usual, you contributed zero as far as a useful explanation. Go back to your pre-menopausal idiocy. And...this discussion is not stupid.
    A recorded show could just as easily be one that's being recorded during the performance, for a live DVD or something. Prerecorded actually makes sense, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Back on topic.

1. Parties or social events where everyone is talking about their new business idea. So boring.

2. People who obviously have some agenda or intent by what they say. Its gotten so obnoxious that I pretty much only speak about myself in unflattering terms. My facebook profile is basically an endless list of unliked platitudes. (Something I really enjoy, my crappy facebook profile is way better than your shameless self-promotion.)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

When I make plans with people and they 1) cancle on me 2) are reallylate 3) keep switching the time 4) when I'm with someone and they are ignoring me its like why invite me if you're not gonna even acknowledge me

1. When people ask you "hey, what really annoys you?" with the sole intention of waiting for you to stop talking and then launch into telling you what really annoys them, immediately afterwards, because they somehow think it's not obvious as fuck. Just say what you want to say instead of hamfistedly disguising it as a two-way conversation, asshole.

2. When I tell somebody what really annoys me and the entire fucking world is so used to the abovementioned and sorely misused social nicety that they automatically assume I'm asking them to return the favour. This thread is supposed to be about assholes ruining the Happy Birthday song, not about getting lawn clippings in your lemonade. Assholes.

Post more and we wouldn't have to fill your threads for you.

Oh, and since you're still going on about the happy birthday thing, you do know the song is often changed in an attempt to avoid paying the copyright fees, right? When you hear "cha cha cha" mentally replace it with "fuck your bullshit copyright claim" and you may feel better.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks