Thread: "Come Out and Play" and "Self Esteem" got airplay on a heavy metal station

1 members appreciate this post.

Default "Come Out and Play" and "Self Esteem" got airplay on a heavy metal station

According a fan site, "Come Out and Play" and "Self Esteem" both got airplay on KNAC.

http://www.knactribute.com/knaca2z.html

For those of you who don't know who KNAC was or is, it was a heavy metal station in Los Angeles that was on the air until 1995, when it got replaced by a Spanish radio station. KNAC went back on the air a few years later, but on the internet. The fact that The Offspring got airplay on KNAC would make sense because a few years before it went off the air, they played some music by non-metal bands like Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots. I remember my parents listened to that station a lot.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

4 members appreciate this post.

Man, if everytime The Offspring's music got played on radio and TV someone made a thread about it, we'd get a whole lot more attention on the BBS!

I mean, it's not like "Smash" was one of the most successful albums of all time and that those singles "Come And Play" and "Self Esteem" are pretty darn known. And hey, the radio tends to play music that's known! More often than not, especially on rock related stations.

Aww, man, that made me chuckle, Gusty!
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Do you need to be an a-hole, Gustavo?

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear_Army View Post
    Do you need to be an a-hole, Gustavo?
    Pointing out the obvious isn't neccessatily being an a-hole.

I hear The Offspring pretty much everytime I watch CQC (One of the most known comedy TV shows in Brazil) and yet I don't make a thread about it everytime. The Offspring is a known band, with known music that gets played on the radio and on TV. I think that everyone who knows the band enough to have registered here knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
    Pointing out the obvious isn't neccessatily being an a-hole.

I hear The Offspring pretty much everytime I watch CQC (One of the most known comedy TV shows in Brazil) and yet I don't make a thread about it everytime. The Offspring is a known band, with known music that gets played on the radio and on TV. I think that everyone who knows the band enough to have registered here knows that.
    While I do understand where you're coming from, I need to point out 2 things:

1st - You've got a point, and I agree with it, but you don't need to outright bully the guy for being a newbie, not knowing the forum rules or whatever. It's not just 'cause you're the mod that you have the right to mistreat people.

2nd - CQC's comedians are a bunch of right wing assholes.

1st - You've got a point, and I agree with it, but you don't need to outright bully the guy for being a newbie, not knowing the forum rules or whatever. It's not just 'cause you're the mod that you have the right to mistreat people.
    Newbie? Pff. You weren't here for the whole ChrisDude thing, were you?

This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a mod.

2nd - CQC's comedians are a bunch of right wing assholes.
    That's your opinion. I was just using them as an example, it's not even about them anyway, it's their sound guy that's probably a fan, since I've even heard Ignition stuff on the show.

It's true, I saw it on Wikipedia!

In Greensboro, old Offspring gets regular play on an almost exclusively current Top 40 station and new Offspring gets play on an almost exclusively "classic rock" station. Kinda cool? Sure. Thread worthy? Not really.

As far as Gus' reply goes, that was pretty tame. I laughed. If he didn't post it, someone else probably would have. If any of the mods are likely to turn bully, it'd be me first. Not that that would have anything to do with being a mod, but more with how IRL, I'm generally a cranky bitch. LOLz, I'm like the complete opposite of LM1565.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

At the 3:10 mark, in the video below, you can hear the intro to "Self Esteem".

By the time I posted this thread yesterday, I had no idea that a heavy metal radio station like KNAC had played The Offspring. I was just a kid when the station was on the air, so I don't really recall whether or not they played their songs. I always thought KNAC played just metal or hard rock.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

That's cool Mr. Punk Pirate, I appreciate your sweet sweet memories.
    One of my fondest memories was seeing the TKAA video for the first time on MTV Brazil. Oh, such a great day that was!