Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal Bullying

Well, I know you've all personally heard people saying things like this before. You've seen it on websites like "stuff white people like". You're now seeing another article about it. Don't you think that maybe there's something to it beyond a few random exceptions? You truly believe that your explanations perfectly account for ALL of the perceptions that people are having?

I genuinely believe that there is a somewhat sizable epidemic of liberal phoniness. I wouldn't be annoyed if someone disagrees with the extent to which this happens. But to pretend it's not out there seems kind of annoying. And strikes me as though the people disagreeing with it are guarding their own interests (based on how they've acted).
    Last edited by bighead384; 06-03-2013 at 07:56 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Also, I think that this has a lot to do with arrogance. Specifically, that liberal elites like to be the ones who "figure out" other people. They don't like when it's the other way around.

To attempt to put this into perspective, I would say that the reason I focus on this issue so much is because I find it troubling that the people who consider themselves the best people out there seem to have many bad tendencies themselves.
    Last edited by bighead384; 06-03-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Also, I think that this has a lot to do with arrogance. Specifically, that liberal elites like to be the ones who "figure out" other people. They don't like when it's the other way around.

To attempt to put this into perspective, I would say that the reason I focus on this issue so much is because I find it troubling that the people who consider themselves the best people out there seem to have many bad tendencies themselves.
    Liberals aren't trying to figure out shit. Liberal elites, which is about as big an oxymoron as I can think of, simply want you to believe they know best because they drag the greater good BS out so god damn often. So if you don't agree with them, well, you're a fucking racist or uncaring prick. Take any welfare for example, pick one, don't care which...most liberals are for welfare safety nets regardless of cost. Yet social programs are the most abused and fraudulant programs ever conceived. Doesn't matter though, poor people need a chance and if 50% is FWA, doesn't matter...give more.

Liberals are filled with white guilt for some reason. Conservatives aren't.

Well, I know you've all personally heard people saying things like this before. You've seen it on websites like "stuff white people like". You're now seeing another article about it. Don't you think that maybe there's something to it beyond a few random exceptions? You truly believe that your explanations perfectly account for ALL of the perceptions that people are having?

I genuinely believe that there is a somewhat sizable epidemic of liberal phoniness. I wouldn't be annoyed if someone disagrees with the extent to which this happens. But to pretend it's not out there seems kind of annoying. And strikes me as though the people disagreeing with it are guarding their own interests (based on how they've acted).
    I'm not trying to explain it away, I literally gave two examples of what I thought you might be talking about. So... are those the things we're talking about, or what?

I actually do like a lot of things on 'stuff white people like', does that mean I am a phony?

Here's another story I think applies to both of your current threads. I have a friend who is a self-proclaimed feminist, which is all cool, but he once gave me shit for hanging out with my friend and her boyfriend, because her boyfriend is shitty and can be misogynistic. He basically told me that I shouldn't hangout with them and that we're obligated to tell her not to be with him. Uhh... no. Feminism is about equality and letting women make their own decisions, not telling them who they can and cannot date based on your value. He also says things like slam pig and normie sluts because he's 'mocking the bro mentality'. He's genuine and feels really strongly about feminism and casual misogyny and shit, but he's also got a lot of things wrong and I can't even begin to understand how he thinks we have a word in her relationship. Still, I don't think he is even contradicting himself or going against his beliefs, I think his views are just skewed in a way mine are not.

Anyway, he's a hardcore kid, and a lot of those kids, while claiming to be inclusive people can actually be pretty shitty and exclusive. You know, calling people normies and shit.

Now, why don't you give me some examples of what the fuck we're talking about or at least tell me if mine are applicable. Holy shit, that's all I am asking for.
    I wrote a four word letter.

bighead, are you a vegetarian because you care about how animals are treated? If so, how do you justify not being a vegan?

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    bighead, are you a vegetarian because you care about how animals are treated? If so, how do you justify not being a vegan?
    I just don't think I have the conviction for it at this time. I'm anxious about going out, so I'll reply to the rest later.

When I don't like someone, I tend to really, really want to see them as morally wrong. Because, in order for me to dislike someone, shouldn't there be a moral basis for it? I mean, if you think about it, doesn't that always end up being the case?

What? Not at all... I don't like plenty of people that I think are perfectly fine humans. I don't think you have any obligation to like anyone, ever. You can respect them as a human or something, but you don't have to like anyone.

I am certain I blow up peoples imperfections when I don't like them, guarantee it. Even with my close friends, if I start to get tired of being around them, I notice things that I have always hated but usually just ignore.

I just don't think I have the conviction for it at this time. I'm anxious about going out, so I'll reply to the rest later.
    Isn't that like half of what we're talking about right now? People not having the convictions of their beliefs?
    Last edited by WebDudette; 06-03-2013 at 11:59 PM.

What is this thread even about? There are a few posts from Pilz and Treez I've wanted to reply to, but I'm not even sure if I'd be on-topic. This thread is weird as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    What? Not at all... I don't like plenty of people that I think are perfectly fine humans. I don't think you have any obligation to like anyone, ever. You can respect them as a human or something, but you don't have to like anyone.
    Okay, that last post was right before I went to bed.

What I meant to say is, when you don't like a person because of the way they ACT, shouldn't there almost always be a legitimate reason behind it? An actual flaw to point to?

For example, say you and a close friend get to know another person and one of you claims to not like the person. In that discussion, don't you always hear the reasons for not liking that person presented as flaws rather than differences in preference? I virtually never hear someone explain why they don't like someone and simply chalk it up to that person just not being their cup of tea.

It seems like when a person doesn't like another person, the overwhelming majority of the time, they will insist that it is because there is a flaw. I personally think in this way about 95% of the time.

I think people are more judgmental than they'd like to believe. I guess that's my point.

Think about what a judgmental community this place is/has been. I guess that's what happens when people can do thing anonymously over the internet. They are more able to say how they really feel.
    Last edited by bighead384; 06-04-2013 at 06:08 AM.