Thread: Tsunami Bomb

Default Tsunami Bomb

Underrated, or underrated?

I got both of their albums for Christmas as an awesomely thoughtful gift from a sibling, use to listen to their mp3s a lot back in the day in highschool but had forgotten about 'em for, what, 10 years or something.

Really cool guitar tone, they're sort of like some awesome AFI-without-the-goth-vibe thing, or a more guitar-driven and less-lame Paramore. Who I hate, so not sure why I'm drawing the comparison (and Agent M kicks the shit out of Hayley), but it seems apt. Totally summer-vibe-y Offspring-buzz-saw-y pop-punk radness.

Really one of the better pop-punk bands on Kung-Fu back in the late-90s/early-2000s, never really got their due. Fuck me for forgetting 'em.
    Last edited by Eskimo; 12-29-2014 at 02:13 AM.

They were really good I saw them at Warped Tour 2005 one of the only good band's I discovered at Warped Tour

They are awesome and talented, but they don't seem like a really big and produced band. I saved all of their music and I learned Swimming Through Mollases solo on acoustic guitar which seems like a miracle since I still can't play a guitar.

I didn't like almost all of early Paramore. They seemed very minimalist, however I like some songs on their last album. I hope they will keep growing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

Yeah, they never became that big or anything HAU, they were on Kung-Fu so had a pretty similar production sound to all those bands. But I like that, there's something awesome about their guitar sound, sort of reminds me of when The Offspring get it right (lolzpunslolz, etc), high quality but never sounding neutered or overproduced. Sort of that Bad Religion/Social Distortion thing.

I should probably get into The Action Design. Not sure why I never checked them out after TB broke up. I'm sure they're a bit softer, and apparently have Metric-style electronic elements, but I like that band so maybe they're awesome.

Shit I hate just randomly forgetting cool music only to pick it up again alter and being all "the fuck was I thinking"? Like how I didn't bother checking out The Creepshow, then saw 'em at a Soundwave gig and had my mind exploded with the totally-rad melodic rockabilly bliss.

I noticed someone put their live DVD on youtube also