Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What makes the Offspring so great?

1 members appreciate this post.

To me, what makes The Offspring so great are their music and inspiration. Without The Offspring, the 90's punk scene wouldn't have become a reality.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerKT View Post
    I like their music, , they're not assholes, and they interact with their fans.
    All of them interact with the fans, even Greg, just not as much as the others...and no one interacts with the fans more than Noodles. Noodles' contact with the fans, through twitter, the stage, and when they meet him, I'm sure makes whoever was lucky enough an even more dedicated fan.
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

yellow, you've asked us, so we've answered, and now you tells us. What makes THE OFFSPRING great (in your own opinion) that is?
    Last edited by E13; 06-23-2013 at 02:35 AM.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by E13 View Post
    yellow, you've asked us, so we've answered, and now you tells us. What makes THE OFFSPRING great (in your own opinion) that is?
    EVERYTHING!!!!!
    First of all, The Offspring are some of the best musicians. The Americana tour was the first Offspring concert that I went to, and I was completely 100% blown away at how good they were. It was one of the best concerts I had ever been to. The other day I was watching the video of their garage days 88" and they were fucking amazing then too. To me they are the complete package, great musicians, funny, entertaining; the lyrics and music of their songs are amazing; their interviews are hilarious. Plus they are so damm fucking sexy that you can't take your eyes off of them. Running into the Offspring anywhere is the best unexpected surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    EVERYTHING!!!!!
    First of all, The Offspring are some of the best musicians. The Americana tour was the first Offspring concert that I went to, and I was completely 100% blown away at how good they were. It was one of the best concerts I had ever been to. The other day I was watching the video of their garage days 88" and they were fucking amazing then too. To me they are the complete package, great musicians, funny, entertaining; the lyrics and music of their songs are amazing; their interviews are hilarious. Plus they are so damm fucking sexy that you can't take your eyes off of them. Running into the Offspring anywhere is the best unexpected surprise.
    Glad to hear the positiveness. Thank you so much, yellow.

2 members appreciate this post.

There's way too many reasons to list why they're so great...but I think one of the most important ones is how unique they are. They're got so many different mixtures of music that influence their sound, and no vocalist sounds like Dexter. Like Noodles and Dexter both said before, you can definitely tell when a song is an "Offspring song", but throughout all of their albums, they're so different from each other. I think something like that is really hard to accomplish, especially for a band that's been around as long as they have. They've never been like any other band out there. Not to mention they have great personalities to back up their music. They're hilarious, and they interact with their fans more than most bands do. They know how to party and have fun, but they aren't so drunk and drugged out to where they're going to not play shows, or break up the band and get back together, or cause drama between the members. They're all around just a fun, happy, awesome band. :-)

Default #whatmakestheoffspribgsogreat!

They're fully inspired to the max. They've been going strong for many years and are still having fun. I'm a fan for life.
    Last edited by dmec; 07-03-2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: #whatmakestheoffspringsogreat.

Default what makes the offspring great

what makes the offspring great is the fact that they have great songs for any moment In your life like when your sad or mad but also ones for when your happy and goofy I just feel like they relate with normal people. Dexter has a great voice well at least I think he does I know a lot of people don't agree but hey to each his own. overall just a cool group of guys that stays clean and just puts out good music

Dexter is inspired.

They're real people and don't sell themselves as anything different. A lot of the writing sounds real and genuine, and that's what makes the music relatable. Even after "breaking out" on scene, the writing was still excellent. The emotion and frustration, from "Elders" to "Dammit I Changed Again" never stopped.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines