Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fifth anniversary for Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

Thumbs up

Congrats, Offspring dudes!

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_potomek View Post
    This!

It was double exciting for me 5 years ago around this time of the year. The new album had just got released and I was about to experience my first Offspring concert ever...
    Where was that?

@Tijs:yeah I've seen that picture, that was awesome you Ken (Jesus) and myself... good times.

Hammerhead.. !! One of my top Offspring-favorite songs of all time ! The album is not listed high on my Offspring-list but I love its "atmosphere" !
    Last edited by Defender; 06-21-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    Enslave my mind...

I remember I was really happy to get my hands on it just a day or two before I went for a vacation in Sunny Beach. That album got played a lot that week!

I actually love about half of this album, I could just really do without the blatant Green Day songs.

And I don't even dislike Green Day, it's just so obvious and on the nose, Nothingtown and Rise and Fall are so much more "them" than The Offspring and it feels really wrong.

Still, yeah, overall it's pretty solid. This and Conspiracy of One I both think get a bad rap.

I made the chorus of "Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom" my text ringtone. In fact, it just sounded now as I was typing the song name. I listen to a handful of songs from the album often.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

over 5 years since the album came out there are still ad's for it at bus stops in huntington beach which is nice to see

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    This and Conspiracy of One I both think get a bad rap.
    I agree

Has it REALLY been that long?

Gosh, I'm getting old! It really does feel like it was yesterday.

I remember the excitement back then, antecipating the release of the album and spending hours and hours on the BBS. Oh, fun times.

This was a huge record for me. It was the first one I had to wait for as a fan, as I discovered the Offspring in 2004 (I had heard their songs before that, but I never really sat down and listened), and I think it's their second best so far.

There are two or three songs toward the end I don't care about, for the most part, that album is solid as they come. I bought it on CD (which my friend lost) the day it came out, I bought it later on vinyl, and I bought it a third time for a friend as a birthday present. My vinyl is gone due to some strange circumstances, so I'm probably going to buy it a fourth time.