Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A never seen before tape since '86

Quote Originally Posted by Greekoldfan View Post
    well they could be, the magazine says (like the offspring) that unfortunately they don't have more info since they are new bands.
    PS: there is Dexter's adress as contact adress with the band
    But you said the Public Enemy on that tape is from Canada. The Public Enemy who sings songs like "Fight the Power" and "Bring the Noise" is from New York, which is in the United States. So, that's one reason I thought it wasn't the same Public Enemy.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Well, there are/were 6 bands called Public Enemy according to a few sources. Not a single one of them was from Canada... Must have been a really underground band that never even released an album...

EDIT: Public Enemy obviously released a song called 'House of the Rising Son' on a compilation album in 1998... The length of the song is the same as the one on this tape.
    Last edited by holland25; 06-20-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Default d0nt

thank you GreekOldFan!

this seems legit with those funny pictures of Dexter looking really young and nerd.

And James with that gynecologist face of his. Dexter's address is a funny detail too as the mispelling THE OFFSPRINGS.

I think that is kinda weird they got into a german tape compilation even prior to Blackball EP.

I also hope that they sound somewhat different from the songs we got from the other tape.

Its posts like this that make it worth to check this BBS

They will be the same... Those on the Subject to Blackout compilation were the same too...

I'll be able to check the cassette on friday night and I'll let you know
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Can't wait!
    My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.

well I have listened to the tape.most of the bands are hard-core punk.Well for everyone around 30 years old, or even older, will reminds you your youth .. hehe..(personally reminds me my punk-rock band back in 1998).Public Enemy's House of the rising sun is a cover track really fast, about 1.30 mins long. I think the tracks are the same but according to the inlay the running times are a bit different (i'm not 100% sure about blackball).I didn't check them with a timer thou. The quility is great and it worths to find a way to rip it.
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic