Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 'I Choose' - Greg K is Great!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona ~ Staring at the sun
    Posts
    80


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Red face 'I Choose' - Greg K is Great!

    I freaking love this song.... so I decided to finally learn it on the bass.

    I just wanted to say that Greg K. is a badass and the bass in this song is AMESOME!

    i've yet to hear this song live. This one would be pretty cool

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    108


    Default

    Totally. When you see them live, I hope they play it!
    Last edited by E13; 06-21-2013 at 10:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,619


    Default

    Oh, it's INSANELY fun to play on the bass! My dumb ass decided to record me playing it before I even learned it all and before my wrist was healed enough to handle it well (weak!) THAT's how fun it is. Do you have a recording of you playing it? I'd like to see it.

    Here's mine:


    P.S. Have you ever seen him play "What Happened to You" or tried playing "Worst Hangover Ever" or "Don't Pick It Up?"
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 06-22-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona ~ Staring at the sun
    Posts
    80


    Default

    Me too! Crossing my fingers

    Quote Originally Posted by E13 View Post
    Totally. When you see them live, I hope they play it!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona ~ Staring at the sun
    Posts
    80


    Default

    Fun video thanks for posting! I really like playing this one and 'Come Out Swinging'. I've recently learned these two and play them as warm ups! Gotta Get Away is another one I like to use as a warm up. How long have you been playing bass?

    I have seen them play 'What Happened to You' but never tried playing any of those. I'll add them to my list. I only know four the ones I mentioned above and then Gone Away.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Oh, it's INSANELY fun to play on the bass! My dumb ass decided to record me playing it before I even learned it all and before my wrist was healed enough to handle it well (weak!) THAT's how fun it is. Do you have a recording of you playing it? I'd like to see it.

    P.S. Have you ever seen him play "What Happened to You" or tried playing "Worst Hangover Ever" or "Don't Pick It Up?"
    Last edited by IxnayontheLindsay; 06-24-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Oh no a TYPO!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,619


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IxnayontheLindsay View Post
    Fun video thanks for posting! I really like playing this one and 'Come Out Swinging'. I've recently learned these two and play them as warm ups! Gotta Get Away is another one I like to use as a warm up. How long have you been playing bass?

    I have seen them play 'What Happened to You' but never tried playing any of those. I'll add them to my list. I only know four the ones I mentioned above and then Gone Away.
    Thanks. She's Got Issues is another really fun one on bass. I started playing bass when I was 16, but never played consistently. That was just under 10 years ago now. I stopped playing guitar and bass when I started college. All in all, I haven't played bass a whole lot; maybe a year's worth of regular practices. I can't play guitar anymore because of my wrists and I can't play bass very well anymore. You should learn Self Esteem! Two of my top faves to bass are "Why Don't You Get A Job?" and "Worst Hangover Ever."
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona ~ Staring at the sun
    Posts
    80


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    I'll do that. I learned Bad Habit yesterday. Today I'll try one of your suggestions I've been playing for only a year or so. It's fun and I am a bit addicted!

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Thanks. She's Got Issues is another really fun one on bass. I started playing bass when I was 16, but never played consistently. That was just under 10 years ago now. I stopped playing guitar and bass when I started college. All in all, I haven't played bass a whole lot; maybe a year's worth of regular practices. I can't play guitar anymore because of my wrists and I can't play bass very well anymore. You should learn Self Esteem! Two of my top faves to bass are "Why Don't You Get A Job?" and "Worst Hangover Ever."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,619


    Default

    Let me know how it goes.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •