Thread: I root for most murderers to go free

Default I root for most murderers to go free

Even though they're terrible people, I often root for murders to be set free. It might just be an irrational quirk that I have. If the person has done something that goes sadistic rather than just killing someone that they want dead, it's a different story. For example, I wish the worst upon those guys who recently got caught kidnapping girls and keeping them chained up at their house for 10 years.

Casey Anthony? Scott Peterson? They won't do any more harm. They might as well be free so that their families aren't in anguish for the rest of their lives.

The justice system as a whole still serves as a deterrent. So when individual people are set free, it doesn't really undermine the deterrence in any significant way. So I guess that's part of why I feel that way.

Maybe I would feel different it someone I knew was murdered. It might just be an irrational thing. But I'm just being honest about how I tend to feel.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

bighead, you truly blow my mind. keep on truckin', little guy.
    I wrote a four word letter.

I agree, prisons are overpopulated as it is and we need to make room for the real criminals, potheads and such.

Cool story, bro.

Hey guys, what ever happened to calling bighead Tommy? I miss that. It's so appropriate right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

BH...I seriously can't tell if you just fish for comments by saying such incredibly stupid shit or if you are in fact totally fucking brain damaged.

First off Casey didn't kill anybody. The courts proved that. That poor little 3 year old Cayllee, who never did one bad thing her entire life and simply deserved wanted to be a little girl, wrapped herself up in a blanket and committed suicide near her home.

Scott Peterson just killed his wife along with their unborn child because he was a selfish fuck and wanted to be cool and single again. Seems like a person you'd want to roam the streets and have a shot at another relationship. What's the worst that could happen?

What BH is saying is that as long as it does not interfere with his life, he's cool with murder.

Actually, I change my mind. It was early when I wrote this.

But sometimes, I feel like this.

I'm not saying it's right. If it seems like a crime of passion or something, then I'm more sympathetic.

Hmmmm. So, god forbid someone actually loved you and decided to kill you out of some freakishly strange occurence, you're good with it. Ok, well you'd better hope to hell that your current squeeze, Tommy the three penised yak boy ain't a jealous sumbich.

I'm ashamed of this. The worst part is, I was serious. I think I overstated it though. I just mean that sometimes, if it's a crime of passion or something, I will feel bad for the criminal.

Just kill all the murderers and rapists Frank Castle style, and keep jail for, like, tax fraud & shit. Overpopulation problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I'm ashamed of this. The worst part is, I was serious. I think I overstated it though. I just mean that sometimes, if it's a crime of passion or something, I will feel bad for the criminal.
    I'm going to do something weird here and say I sort of get what you're saying. I don't think it's as rare as you probably think. The (perhaps irrational) desire to see the bad guy win is probably a well documented phenomenon. I suspect though that the self-described exaggerations you made were just an attempt to justify having this odd feeling. Justify to yourself, I mean. I suspect that in reality you don't really understand why you have this strange desire at all and are making up the reasons to justify the feeling you are having, rather than having the feeling because of the reasons. If you see what I mean.

I'm really sleep-deprived currently and not explaining anything well.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks