Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you allow your kid to be Goth?

lol. 10 characters
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Bahahahahahahaha. Of course you do.
    Why wouldn't I? I wear the same style clothes I wore when I wear casual and the same when I wear formal.

Not sure what it is about the concept of the dress code that made it too difficult for you comprehend untill you were in your 20's. I hope potty training was a wee bit more successfull for ya... All different, all equal right?

I guess the ratios of how often I can wear each changed dramatically, but I really don't dress differently. Just how much time I spend in each set changed I guess.

I am SURE that's what you meant by Bahahahahahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Britpunk View Post
    Why on earth does it matter how somebody else chooses to dress and/or identify themselves if it doesn't affect you in any way? Are you insecure?
    You know, when you see stupid shit and just shake your head, laugh and thank the lord you're not them. Dressing up like a transexual vamp queen just to draw attention to your obviously messed up little world makes everything A OK. I guess I just never ran with that crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Goth...that shit is hilarious. I mean, how frigging screwed up do you have to be to even consider dressing like a transgendervampiresuckingblowfuck? Comical in its absurdity.
    While I do agree that it is comical in its absurdity, the whole point, as far as I can tell, is to announce that they are screwed up, and probably make some comment that the whole world is screwed up. So your question is a bit redundant and you have to admit they successfully provoke the reaction they seem to be hoping for.

I remember enjoying the South Park episode about goths. See, I think I probably feel (or felt) much the same way that goth kids feel. But I'm not a crying little pussy so I didn't go goth. And I'm not desperate for attention so I didn't go punk. I went grunge because washing always was a lot of effort.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    While I do agree that it is comical in its absurdity, the whole point, as far as I can tell, is to announce that they are screwed up, and probably make some comment that the whole world is screwed up. So your question is a bit redundant and you have to admit they successfully provoke the reaction they seem to be hoping for.

I remember enjoying the South Park episode about goths. See, I think I probably feel (or felt) much the same way that goth kids feel. But I'm not a crying little pussy so I didn't go goth. And I'm not desperate for attention so I didn't go punk. I went grunge because washing always was a lot of effort.
    Same. I mostly kept how screwed up I was to myself, and only shared it with the few friends I had. I never saw a reason to display it... still don't, but I also don't really see a problem unless they take it too seriously, or don't grow out of it after a couple years.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    My kid? Sure, why not.

Once that kid turns 20? Fuck no, grow up.
    ^ true of all subcultures
    Agreed completely.

Subcultures are part of the fun of being a teenager; different story once you hit adulthood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Subcultures are part of the fun of being a teenager; different story once you hit adulthood.
    Oh for sure. It's important to conform once you hit your 20s, else you might retain a shred of personality. Everybody knows personalities are dangerous.

I guess i never had time to even consider being part of a "sub-culture" to further my own identity. Just thinking about the entire premise you'd have to be a fucking lunatic to simply take the time to...get the money to spend on the clothes, then take the time to actually wear make-up and dress like a fucking retard...then ACTUALLY go out in public just to further an "identity" of which you have nothing in common. Then be surprised when people think you lost your god damn mind. Like I said, I do like laughing at them though.

Hey, Britpunk, how many buckles do your combat boots have? Any chance you could recommend a good brand for pleather trench coats?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Hey, Britpunk, how many buckles do your combat boots have? Any chance you could recommend a good brand for pleather trench coats?
    lol. Haven't wore combat boots for years and i never bothered with a trench coat. I do still dress head to toe in black a lot though if that counts, but I work in IT, so...

But my broader point is not defending how I choose to dress, it is that it is nobody's damned business how anybody chooses to dress.

If you're a nice person I'll like you, if you aren't I won't. You could dress like a fucking Klingon if you want to, but I'll judge you on your values, intelligence and work ethic, not for your latex adornments.