Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arachnophobia

Hybrid View

Default Arachnophobia

I think I've got it. At any rate, I get a bad fright every time I see some ghastly spider scurry past.

Once was a week ago, at lunch. I repeat: lunch. Business lunch. We weren't in the middle of the jungle, no, but busily cutting up our cutlets and talking shop, when suddenly I caught sight of some creepy thing moving from the tail of my eye. Looking more closely I uttered a scream as I recognised a horrid spider scuttle past and descend from the table, just as you would from a rope, on some invisible thread. Hardly knowing what I was doing, I scrambled up at once, gathered my bag and went on whimpering uncontrollably. My hands felt damp and I was in a pitiable state... quite beside myself. The girl seated opposite me didn't see it at once, and judging from my screech thought it must be a roach. Roaches are supposed to be worse than spiders, aren't they? Yet I don't imagine my reaction would have been much different. I thought I'd bust an artery, it was so... repulsive.

Anybody might relate? What are the cures for arachnophobia? Are they even any? I think I could try and calm myself in certain situations, but in others - such as mealtime, or nighttime - I doubt I could control myself. I can tell myself "My dear girl, stay cool, it's not going to crawl inside you... just yet" but upon seeing one... I forget all sense of decency. *sighs*

Help?

I am with you all the way. I fucking HATE...not dislike, not just don't want to be around or any other shit...I HATE spiders. Creepy friggin sonsabitches. Give me the willy's just thinking about them...shit. I use Raid bug fogger at least 4 times a year in my house and spray the foundation 3 times a year. Holy shit I hate 'em. Oh, and don't go posting any god damn pictures either you pricks.

I fucking hate spiders too. I absoultly hate them. There is only one thing that freaks me out more than spiders and that is a centipede. Fuck spiders and centipedes.
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 06-24-2013 at 12:26 PM.

You must have been pleased with the film "The Human Centipede".
    Oops, there goes my dinner...

On a chillier and more arachno-related note, do you know that some people actually raise them? Their houses are one giant cobweb. Perhaps they don't realise that the pests do bite you - and spider bites aren't a pretty sight. And they hurt... And they crawl inside you (inside your eardrums, inside... holes, generally speaking). And yet, there are some that seem quite fond of them. I know for a fact that they're useful inasmuch as they help get rid of flies, but telling myself that doesn't exactly help. They reproduce so fast, too... I never use insecticides, I hear they're a health-hazard, but if I were to inhabit a house where they were bound to be a nuisance, I'd probably resort to a more drastic measure than simply squashing them with kitchen paper.

Oh, and a little joke:
    - What's worse than a spider?
    - A colony of spiders.

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2hs8kEisck
    DO NOT WATCH THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING. THIS IS THE STUFF OF MY NIGHTMARES.
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 06-24-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    You must have been pleased with the film "The Human Centipede".
    Oops, there goes my dinner...

On a chillier and more arachno-related note, do you know that some people actually raise them? Their houses are one giant cobweb. Perhaps they don't realise that the pests do bite you - and spider bites aren't a pretty sight. And they hurt... And they crawl inside you (inside your eardrums, inside... holes, generally speaking). And yet, there are some that seem quite fond of them. I know for a fact that they're useful inasmuch as they help get rid of flies, but telling myself that doesn't exactly help. They reproduce so fast, too... I never use insecticides, I hear they're a health-hazard, but if I were to inhabit a house where they were bound to be a nuisance, I'd probably resort to a more drastic measure than simply squashing them with kitchen paper.

Now I am 100% officially freaked/ disgusted out. Very fucking gross.

So I'm laying in bed and I just happened to look up and I see a spider a couple feet from me on the ceiling. I can't kill it because it's right above my bookself. I just hope when I wake up it's still there. It bothers me that there is a spider almost right above my head and I gotta sleep.

I'm glad you haven't watched the video. I take it you couldn't take it.
    I'll never look at housecleaning the same way again.

Oh, and here's some gentle tarantula breeding:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM_Z-Lguy4Q

The distress in his voice as he sees all his hopes of incubating hundreds of baby-tarantulas thwarted was music to my ears.

I can barely watch these videos. I'm trying to toughen up but it may prove the death of me.
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 06-24-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Ahhhh...Centipede, the feel good movie of the year. I think I own that masterpiece of modern cinematography.

Yeah I got some sleep. The spider is in the same spot as it was last night so that makes me feel better because it didn't move. When I was watching Offsping Junkie's spider video I was laughing. I loved all the drug references.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    So I'm laying in bed and I just happened to look up and I see a spider a couple feet from me on the ceiling. I can't kill it because it's right above my bookself. I just hope when I wake up it's still there. It bothers me that there is a spider almost right above my head and I gotta sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Yeah I got some sleep. The spider is in the same spot as it was last night so that makes me feel better because it didn't move. When I was watching Offsping Junkie's spider video I was laughing. I loved all the drug references.
    I'm not really afraid of spiders, but that bothers me, too, unless it's just like a daddy long legs or whatever. Fortunately I have cats, so if there's one in my bedroom when I'm going to bed, I bring a cat over to take care of it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk