Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arachnophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I technically don't have arachnophobia since I'm not afraid of all arachnids, generally just spiders. I guess a huge scorpion would scare me, but I'd rather face a scorpion than a tarantula.
    I'd actually never thought about how unclear that word is - "arachnophobia" does mean a fear of arachnids, not just spiders. Personally, I am afraid of ticks, and I'm sure I'd be afraid of a big scorpion or spider, but generally it's just ticks. I'm not sure if that makes me arachnophobic.

But if I killed a big spider and tons of baby ones scattered, that'd freak me the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Haha sucks for this guy...

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2...=synd_facebook

First apartment I moved into here in Arizona was INFESTED with scorpions. I hate those fuckers... ughhh... and you can't get rid of them unless you squish them... they won't die from pesticides.. I HATE them...
    Last edited by IxnayontheLindsay; 06-24-2013 at 05:15 PM.

So I'm laying in bed and I just happened to look up and I see a spider a couple feet from me on the ceiling. I can't kill it because it's right above my bookself. I just hope when I wake up it's still there. It bothers me that there is a spider almost right above my head and I gotta sleep.

Oh, you poor thing. How ever did you manage to get your forty winks?

My fear of spiders is getting so bad I suffer from palpitations at the mere mention of Spiderman.
    So whether it qualifies as arachnophobia has become quite a secondary issue. All these videos, contrary to what I had imagined, have weakened my resistance. My nerves are shot to pieces and I daren't look at the crevices around my window frame anymore.

And offspring junkie's video fooled me all right. I thought it was all oh-so-real up until they dropped the word "hammock". Then I thought... "heeeey, wait a minute. Aren't hammocks meant for humans only?".

Yeah I got some sleep. The spider is in the same spot as it was last night so that makes me feel better because it didn't move. When I was watching Offsping Junkie's spider video I was laughing. I loved all the drug references.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    So I'm laying in bed and I just happened to look up and I see a spider a couple feet from me on the ceiling. I can't kill it because it's right above my bookself. I just hope when I wake up it's still there. It bothers me that there is a spider almost right above my head and I gotta sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Yeah I got some sleep. The spider is in the same spot as it was last night so that makes me feel better because it didn't move. When I was watching Offsping Junkie's spider video I was laughing. I loved all the drug references.
    I'm not really afraid of spiders, but that bothers me, too, unless it's just like a daddy long legs or whatever. Fortunately I have cats, so if there's one in my bedroom when I'm going to bed, I bring a cat over to take care of it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

1 members appreciate this post.

I have no sympathy for arachnophobes. Especially when they come from Europe. For fucks sake, go be scared of something that isn't a million times smaller than you and utterly harmless in every possible way. Go be a bearophobe or a pitbullophobe or something.

Ok I am offically adding ticks to my arachnophobia. I just found one on me. It was on my leg but I was wearing jeans all day til now when I changed. I'm so grossed out I feel disgusting. What I want to know is how the fuck did it on me? I was wearing jeans.. I just want to go and wash/clean everthing. I keep feeling like there is something on me and there is nothing. God I feel gross.

They tend to crawl up from the ground. The best way to avoid them is to tuck your jeans into your socks and your shirt into your jeans, though I was never really a fan of that style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I have no sympathy for arachnophobes. Especially when they come from Europe. For fucks sake, go be scared of something that isn't a million times smaller than you and utterly harmless in every possible way. Go be a bearophobe or a pitbullophobe or something.
    Jewophobe?

But yeah. I had no concerns about spiders until I moved to the US and even then I didn't care about them at all until one day I was telling a friend about this cool spider that lived over my back door. I would watch it all the time while out for a smoke. He came out for a look and told me that it was a brown recluse and that I needed to kill it because it could be quite dangerous. Rarely lethal, but who really wants to gamble with that? Now I'm back in the UK it's taking me a while to remember again that spiders are no cause for concern.

If I believed in such nonsense I'd be tempted to say that the UK is the chosen land, a lush paradise for humankind. There's nothing dangerous here at all. Speaking in terms of naturally occurring danger, obviously. I have no idea how the british ever survived in the americas, or the beautiful hell that is Australia after coming from such a land as this.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks