Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, are the Offspring going to make another album?

Default So, are the Offspring going to make another album?

I stopped coming here around the time Days Go By was released last year, and I'm not really up on all things Offspring. Is there any word of making a follow-up, or what's going on? I wouldn't hold it against them if they wanted to stop making music and just play shows occasionally. I hear their live shows ain't what they used to be, but finally seeing these guys live is still on my bucketlist.

How do you guys feel about our favorite band these days? Even though I don't listen to them much anymore, they're still my all-time favorite band and no one else really comes close. With the exception of self-titled and Days Go By, I've been overwhelmingly receptive to every record they've ever made.

1 members appreciate this post.

Yes, The Offspring will make another album. Noodles is hoping they'll start recording next year, and Dexter said he has written at least one new song.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/noodle...album-in-2014/
    http://www.skatepunkers.net/2013/05/...new-album.html
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

I guess that means we'll see this new record some time around 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I think more like 2018

Also I hope they don't go into the studio in 2014 instead I hope they do a big 30th anniversary tour and play Smash album shows

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I think more like 2018

Also I hope they don't go into the studio in 2014 instead I hope they do a big 30th anniversary tour and play Smash album shows
    We'll never know. The Offspring always change their plans, examples: they first worked on Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace in 2004 and it didn't come out until 2008, and they worked on Days Go By in 2009 and wanted to release it in 2010 but it didn't happen, and that album didn't even come out until last year.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    We'll never know. The Offspring always change their plans, examples: they first worked on Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace in 2004 and it didn't come out until 2008
    Im pretty sure they didn't start work on RAFRAG until 2006 in 2004 they were doing a world tour for Splinter

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Im pretty sure they didn't start work on RAFRAG until 2006 in 2004 they were doing a world tour for Splinter
    If my memory serves very well, The Offspring said in 2004-2005 that they had a new album in the works, and that album happened to be Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. I even remember reading an article on KROQ.com back in, like, the summer of 2004 that said Dexter was eager about making a new Offspring record.

Omni, just thought I'd put it out there, that since they've been touring for Days Go By, they've really upped the ante for the live shows. I think I saw them 4 times in the year and a half after RAFRAG came out (twice on the Shit is Fucked Up tour and twice between the album release and when that tour started). When I compare that to what I saw at the festival last fall and the youtube videos since Days Go By was released, they are really on top of their game. I don't know what people expect when they go to see a band 20 years into their career (maybe like an oldschool style punk show or something??), but their show is clean, energetic, and very professional. I don't much listen to the Offspring anymore, but I'd got to see them live over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Omni, just thought I'd put it out there, that since they've been touring for Days Go By, they've really upped the ante for the live shows. I think I saw them 4 times in the year and a half after RAFRAG came out (twice on the Shit is Fucked Up tour and twice between the album release and when that tour started). When I compare that to what I saw at the festival last fall and the youtube videos since Days Go By was released, they are really on top of their game. I don't know what people expect when they go to see a band 20 years into their career (maybe like an oldschool style punk show or something??), but their show is clean, energetic, and very professional. I don't much listen to the Offspring anymore, but I'd got to see them live over and over again.

Awesome, that's good to hear. I wouldn't really "expect" anything, but I've been hearing over the past few years that it's just the way it is, now. I heard the same thing about Soundgarden before they reformed - that they're inconsistent as a live act - and when I saw them live, it was just like people had told me. What exactly do you mean by "very professional?"

The new offspring album by 2019. The band actually confirm it? Straight from the actual source. Hopefully a U.S.A tour soon!