Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To guys who think "bitches" is synonymous with "women"

Hybrid View

1 members appreciate this post.

Default To guys who think "bitches" is synonymous with "women"

It's not.

It's not cool, or funny, or clever either.

It's degrading. I don't mean degrading to women, that part is accepted to be true, that's why you're doing it in the first place, right? To show how manly you are?

That's why it's degrading. It's degrading to men. Your pathetic, juvenile displays of casual misogyny make men look ridiculous and contemptible. Your clumsy attempts at seizing power and prestige reek of poor self-esteem and sub-par intelligence. Your need to devalue women in a world which already makes them struggle for any semblance of equality is a weakness, not a strength. This is not how a real man behaves. You are the bitch. You are a snivelling, worthless waste of resources that should have ended up as just another stain on your worthless father's underpants.

You are also ruining a perfectly good word. I like telling someone they're acting like a bitch...when they fucking deserve it. Now I run the risk of seeming like just another one of you limpdick morons with mommy issues. And for that, and for all the reasons listed above, I just want to say a big fuck you to all you sons of...uh, women.

Fuck you. Fuck you so much.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Time to look for new friends I guess?

1 members appreciate this post.

You're gunna get all the bitches with this post.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

2 members appreciate this post.

I suppose this is what you're looking for.

It's fitting, because that's probably the amount of people we have left on this board. I guess the black guy represents randman.

Good post. There's nothing to woman about in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Satan is a bitch.

There was a minor spat at my house because I don't use the word bitch. His argument, apparently, is that I am perpetuating it as a misogynist word 'because you can call a man a bitch, dude'. I guess it didn't occur to him that when you call a man a bitch, the general implication is that he's being feminine. He also asked if I felt the same way about nigger, 'but white people can be niggers, and not all black people are'. Sure guy, whatever you say.

He was drunk, but his reasoning still blows my mind.

PiB, in what context do you find the word bitch acceptable?
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I prefer to use the word "asshole" if someone is being aggressive
    See, for me personally, "asshole" and "bitch" are the same thing with one simply being the male version and one being the female version. That's just how I grew up understanding it I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by killer_queen View Post
    Now this is what I hate. You're either against the usage of a word that degrades women or you're not.
    Ah, well you see, I am against it. But as I just explained, inside my head "bitch" is merely the female equivalent to "asshole". I won't use the word (because of all the reasons already stated) but it does, on some small level, annoy me that I can't use it. In my world (the awesome world in my head) it doesn't have to be a misogynistic word. I understand that only I live in that world, however. Is that clearer now? I was also mostly joking about being annoyed that I can't use the word, with just a little grain of truth to it, like lots of good jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post

PiB, in what context do you find the word bitch acceptable?
    Technically none. Though it's still useful in prison lingo. I don't know of a better substitute word in that context. It's horrible, but it really gets the point across rather succinctly.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    One of my biggest pet peeves is sandwich and kitchen jokes. It's never been funny, never will be funny, and at this point it's tired as shit. There is no joke, it's JUST misogyny.
    Right, see, I sort of like those kinds of jokes. Now, give me a chance to explain that. Amongst friends, I like making offensive jokes, ripping on each other, like a comedy roast sort of situation. I like the back and forth banter between like-minded people who all know we're not serious. I wouldn't make those kinds of jokes around people I didn't know well or people who didn't enjoy that kind of banter. People who might think I was serious. And that's where I get sad. When I remember that the world is full of really despicable people who say despicable things and aren't being ironic or just playing the I-insult-you-now-you-insult-me game. It makes me sad that I could make an offensive joke and people wouldn't immediately know I didn't actually mean it. It makes me sad that they would be right to first be concerned that I am actually just a piece of shit.

I used to agree with the sentiment that the only responsibility of comedy is to be funny. I've grudgingly come to accept that this can't be true. I wish it was true, but it's not. So yeah, I hate bigots/racists/whatever for being horrible people, but I also hate them for ruining a lot of good jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Nice.

I actually tend to post on forums when I want to organize my thoughts for my own personal benefit. It's an extension of the writing a letter to nobody concept. I think that's a thing and not just something I made up. I enjoy organizing my thoughts in this way. For me, the act of writing the post is basically the whole thing. I could get to the end and then simply delete the whole thing (and sometimes do) and still receive mostly the same enjoyment. But actually posting my random thoughts helps me justify the amount of time I spent organizing them, and so I do. Then I tend to utterly forget about them. So, while I enjoyed your response, if I took your question seriously I'd have to say no, that is not what I was looking for. I found what I was looking for about a second after I submitted the post.

Getting any kind of replies is an unexpected bonus.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Recently I have been confronted with the concept of sexism in video games. Or, more specifically, sexism in the world of gaming and geek culture in general.

I didn't really believe it at first. I didn't want to believe it. I like to think that geeks and gamers are good guys, guys like me, guys who wouldn't be misogynistic assholes. It seems that was just wishful thinking.

Here's a great cracked article with links to some other interesting sites.

I'm really pretty bummed about this problem. As a geek and a gamer I personally want to see more women sharing in my interests. I want to see them encouraged. Not threatened with rape and murder. The fuck.
    Last edited by Paint_It_Black; 09-25-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    You are also ruining a perfectly good word. I like telling someone they're acting like a bitch...when they fucking deserve it.
    Now this is what I hate. You're either against the usage of a word that degrades women or you're not. Calling some women bitch isn't much different than calling every women bitch. I mean, who is a bitch? How do you decide when people deserve to be called that? You remind me of guys who say "all women are whores. except my mother. and my sister. an your mother. and your sister." When someone calls me a bitch, or another sexist word all I understand is "there is something I hate about you but I am either too stupid to understand what it is or it will reveal what a loser I am".

And, the word is also degrading to dogs. What's wrong with being a female dog? Nothing. Dogs are cute creatures, there's nothing wrong with them. Except, they are not cats. That's a big problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk should be read by every high school student so they can be like "dude, wtf, this sucks."