Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: To guys who think "bitches" is synonymous with "women"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,918


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default To guys who think "bitches" is synonymous with "women"

    It's not.

    It's not cool, or funny, or clever either.

    It's degrading. I don't mean degrading to women, that part is accepted to be true, that's why you're doing it in the first place, right? To show how manly you are?

    That's why it's degrading. It's degrading to men. Your pathetic, juvenile displays of casual misogyny make men look ridiculous and contemptible. Your clumsy attempts at seizing power and prestige reek of poor self-esteem and sub-par intelligence. Your need to devalue women in a world which already makes them struggle for any semblance of equality is a weakness, not a strength. This is not how a real man behaves. You are the bitch. You are a snivelling, worthless waste of resources that should have ended up as just another stain on your worthless father's underpants.

    You are also ruining a perfectly good word. I like telling someone they're acting like a bitch...when they fucking deserve it. Now I run the risk of seeming like just another one of you limpdick morons with mommy issues. And for that, and for all the reasons listed above, I just want to say a big fuck you to all you sons of...uh, women.

    Fuck you. Fuck you so much.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    483


    Default

    Time to look for new friends I guess?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,203


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    You're gunna get all the bitches with this post.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,234


    2 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    I suppose this is what you're looking for.

    It's fitting, because that's probably the amount of people we have left on this board. I guess the black guy represents randman.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    5,822


    Default

    Good post. There's nothing to woman about in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    108


    Default

    Satan is a bitch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    There was a minor spat at my house because I don't use the word bitch. His argument, apparently, is that I am perpetuating it as a misogynist word 'because you can call a man a bitch, dude'. I guess it didn't occur to him that when you call a man a bitch, the general implication is that he's being feminine. He also asked if I felt the same way about nigger, 'but white people can be niggers, and not all black people are'. Sure guy, whatever you say.

    He was drunk, but his reasoning still blows my mind.

    PiB, in what context do you find the word bitch acceptable?
    I wrote a four word letter.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    One of my biggest pet peeves is sandwich and kitchen jokes. It's never been funny, never will be funny, and at this point it's tired as shit. There is no joke, it's JUST misogyny.
    I wrote a four word letter.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,234


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    There was a minor spat at my house because I don't use the word bitch. His argument, apparently, is that I am perpetuating it as a misogynist word 'because you can call a man a bitch, dude'. I guess it didn't occur to him that when you call a man a bitch, the general implication is that he's being feminine. He also asked if I felt the same way about nigger, 'but white people can be niggers, and not all black people are'. Sure guy, whatever you say.

    He was drunk, but his reasoning still blows my mind.

    PiB, in what context do you find the word bitch acceptable?
    Kitchen jokes are a pretty easy way out. All of those Just Add Water jokes should be avoided, if for no other reason, out of respect of the idea of humor. I feel the same way with dead baby jokes. They're not offensive to me, but they're also plain not funny, and never have been.

    The "white people can be niggers, too" thing attempts to demonstrate the alleged evolution of the word from a racial slur to a social state or mindset, which kind of makes sense when you consider how the word "gay" is used to mean everything but homosexual. I get what he's saying, but a good rule of thumb is don't say the word nigger and you won't have to justify it with semantics.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,045


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    One of my biggest pet peeves is sandwich and kitchen jokes. It's never been funny, never will be funny, and at this point it's tired as shit. There is no joke, it's JUST misogyny.
    To be fair, there are very select, specific times when it can be funny - it can be used at the right moment and be hilarious. For example, last Friday we were all pretty high and playing hacky sack. I started sarcastically reading into anything possible as sexist, and at one point the people who were playing were all guys except me and one other girl, so one guy said, "Dean, get in here. We need more manpower!" I said "fuck you!" and jokingly stormed off. The friend who'd said it started trying to defend himself - "Manpower is a word! I meant, like, people power!" but my friend, Josh, who's a very close friend and extremely big on equality, said something like, "Nah, we need man power. Women aren't supposed to play sports. Go make me a sandwich." And then he laughed and gave me a hug. Unfortunately, though, this "joke" is almost never used this way and is thus almost never funny or anything but thinly veiled sexism.

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    There was a minor spat at my house because I don't use the word bitch. His argument, apparently, is that I am perpetuating it as a misogynist word 'because you can call a man a bitch, dude'. I guess it didn't occur to him that when you call a man a bitch, the general implication is that he's being feminine. He also asked if I felt the same way about nigger, 'but white people can be niggers, and not all black people are'. Sure guy, whatever you say.

    He was drunk, but his reasoning still blows my mind.

    PiB, in what context do you find the word bitch acceptable?
    I pretty much completely agree with you here. I almost never use the word, but every once in a while I'll use it joking/sarcastically with a friend. Never, ever as an actual insult. People who frequently use the word as an insult are bad enough... but when it becomes a replacement for "women", it's just sad. You know boys who refer to women as "bitches" will never be in a healthy relationship because no sane/healthy woman would ever date them. Usually these boys are also Nice Guys, and that's just sad. The word itself, though, is inherently sexist. If you call a woman a bitch, it means she's being aggressive. Nobody ever calls a man a bitch because he's acting aggressive... if you call a man a bitch, it means he's acting "like a woman". Using it for both men and women is sexist. I prefer to use the word "asshole" if someone is being aggressive, and if someone is being a passive weakling, I call them a wuss or a child/baby. There are plenty of other words I can use to describe someone's negative behavior without having to use a sexist word.
    Last edited by Llamas; 06-29-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •